Defence aspirants who are preparing for the defence exams like NDA Exam, CDS Exam, AFCAT, INET, TA, Group X and Y and others will be facing Geography questions in General Awareness Paper. SSBCrackExams is sharing 100+ must know Geography notes and questions for your preparation in defence exams. Aspirants can also download the Geography notes and Geography Questions PDF from the link given below. These Geography questions will be helpful for you to revise for the upcoming defence exams.
Defence Exams Online Courses
- NDA 2020 Online Course
- CDS 2020 Online Course
- AFCAT 2020 Online Course
- INET 2020 Online Course
- Territorial Army 2020 Online Course
- Airmen Group X and Y Online Course
100 Most Asked Geography Questions For NDA CDS AFCAT 2020
- Which one of the following layers of the atmosphere is
responsible for the deflection of radio waves?
(a) Troposphere (b) Stratosphere
(c) Mesosphere (d) Ionosphere
- Which one of the following stars is nearest to the Earth?
(a) Polaris (b) Alpha Centauri
(c) Sun (d) Sirius
- Which one of the following conditions is most relevant for
the presence of life on Mars?
(a) Atmospheric composition
(b) Thermal conditions
(c) Occurrence of ice caps and frozen water
(d) Occurrence of ozone
- The correct sequence of different layers of the atmosphere
from the surface of the Earth upwards is
(a) Troposphere, Stratosphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere
(b) Stratosphere, Troposphere, Ionosphere, Mesosphere
(c) Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Ionosphere
(d) Stratosphere, Troposphere, Mesosphere, Ionosphere
- Which one of the following weather conditions is indicated
by a sudden fall in barometer reading?
(b) Calm weather
(c) Cold and dry weather
(d) Hot and sunny weather
- Who amongst the following was the first to state that the
earth was spherical ?
(a) Aristotle (b) Copernicus
(c) Ptolemy (d) Strabo
- Volcanic eruptions do not occur in
(a) Baltic Sea (b) Black Sea
(c) Caribbean Sea (d) Caspian Sea
- Which one of the following is not a lagoon?
(a) Ashtamudi lake (b) Chilka lake
(c) Periyar lake (d) Pulicat lake
- In order of their distances from the Sun, which of the
following planets lie between Mars and Uranus?
(a) Earth and Jupiter (b) Jupiter and Saturn
(c) Saturn and Earth (d) Saturn and Neptune
- In the structure of planet Earth, below the mantle, the core is
mainly made up of which one of the following?
(a) Aluminium (b) Chromium
(c) Iron (d) Silicon
- The earth’s rotation does not cause
(a) deflection of ocean currents
(b) phases of the moon
(d) difference in time between two meridians
- The difference in the duration of day and night increases as
one moves from
(a) west to east
(b) east and west of the prime meridian
(c) poles to equator
(d) equator to poles
- On the day the sun is nearest to the earth, the earth is said to
(a) aphelion (b) perihelion
(c) apogee (d) perigee
- In aeroplanes, the atmospheric pressure is measured with
(a) Aneroid barometer (b) Barometer
(c) Barogram (d) Altimeter
- All of the following types of climates occur in the southern
(a) hot desert (b) savannah
(c) equatorial (d) tundra
- The density of air is normally _ at higher attitude.
(a) increases (b) decreases
(c) remains constant (d) varies from place to place
- Farrel’s Law is concerned with the
(a) direction of winds (b) velocity of winds
(c) intensity of waves (d) None of these
- The layer of the atmosphere which contains dust particles
and water vapour is called
(a) Stratosphere (b) Troposphere
(c) Ionosphere (d) Mesophere
- Which of the following cities is nearest to the equator?
(a) Colombo (b) Jakarta
(c) Manila (d) Singapore
- The waterfall ‘Victoria’ is associated with the river
(a) Amazon (b) Missouri
(c) St. Lawrence (d) Zambezi
- The biggest hot desert of the world is
(a) Kalahari (b) Gobi
(c) Sahara (d) Thar
- In which one of the following areas is monsoon climate found?
(a) Pacific Coast of Columbia
(b) South-Eastern United States
(c) Southern Part of South Africa
(d) Central California
- The equator passes through
(a) Cameroon (b) Costa Rica
(c) Kenya (d) Venezuela
- The Black Mountains are located in
(a) Canada (b) Norway
(c) Switzerland (d) U.S.A.
- The driest area of the Earth is
(a) Arabian desert (b) Atancama desert