Indian army will open the online registration for the NCC 49 special entry scheme from 30 Dec 2020 till 28 Jan 2021. Candidates with NCC C certificate can apply for the NCC 49 course which is going to commence at OTA Chennai in April 2021. Defence aspirants with NCC C Certificate can apply for the latest NCC C Certificate Special Entry to join Indian Army as an officer. NCC Special Entry is short service commission entry for the NCC Cadets through which male and female NCC Cadets can join the Officers Training Academy Chennai. Indian army has published the NCC special entry 2021 for NCC 49 recruitment. Defence aspirants with NCC C certificate can apply for this entry. Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female (including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel), for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
NCC 49 Eligibility
- Nationality. A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit. For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jan 2021 (born not earlier than 02 Jan 1996 and not later than 01 Jan 2002, both dates inclusive).
- Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
IMPORTANT NOTE. Candidates must note that they can appear for ONLY one of the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview, either SSC (NT)-113 Course (April 2021) /SSC (NT) (Women)-27 Course (April 2021) as CDSE candidate OR NCC (Spl) Entry-49 Course (April 2021). Candidates are required to give undertaking to this effect under the declaration part of the online application.
Educational Qualification and other Criteria
For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders
- Educational Qualification. Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks in degree course if selected in interview, failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED.
- Service in NCC. Should have served for minimum three academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
- Grading. Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC. Applicants, who are not holding NCC ‘C’ Certificate on date of application, are not eligible to apply for the course.
For the Qualified Graduate Candidates of the Degree Course. Candidates who have passed the graduation degree course must produce the provisional/degree certificate by 1st April 2021 to the Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
For the Candidates Studying in the Final Year of Degree Course. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation, if not already in possession of provisional /degree certificate must submit the proof of their passing the graduation degree Exam by 1st April 2021 to the Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which their candidature will be cancelled. Those who are not able to produce the degree certificate/provisional degree certificate by the specified date will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis only on submission of proof of their passing graduation degree exam to the Directorate General of Recruiting by the above specified date.
For Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel (aa) Eligibility Criteria. The vacancies under wards of battle casualties are available to wards (unmarried sons and unmarried daughters including legally adopted) of Battle casualties specified as:- (aaa) Killed in action. (aab) Died of wound or injuries (Other than self-inflicted). (aac) Wounded or Injured (Other than self-inflicted). (aad) Missing. (ab) Educational Qualification. Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. (ac) NCC ‘C’ certificate NOT required for Wards of Battle Casualties. (ad) Details of Documents to be provided in the Application Form (aaa) The ‘Battle Casualty’ certificate No. issued by Manpower (Policy & Planning) Directorate (MP Dte) certifying that the parent has been killed/wounded/reported missing in action. (aab) A copy of MP Dte / Respective Regimental Records Part II Order No. notifying injuries and being classified as ‘Battle Casualty’. (aac) Relationship Certificate No. issued by MP 5 & 6 / Respective Regimental Records.
How to Apply : Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in). Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission NCC Special Entry Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
NCC 49 Selection Procedure
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidates’ registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.