Join Indian Navy as sailor petty officer under Sports quota entry in 2021. Outstanding sportsmen who have participated at International / Junior or Senior National Championship / Senior State Championship/ All India Inter-University Championship in Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Squash, Fencing, Golf, Tennis, Kayaking & Canoeing, Rowing, Shooting, Sailing & Wind Surfing.
Direct Entry Petty Officer: 10+2 qualified in any stream or Equivalent examination.
1. Sports Proficiency:
- Team Games: Should have participated at International /National/State level at junior /senior level or represented a University in the Inter-University tournament.
- Individual Events: Should have attained a minimum of 6th position in Nationals (seniors) or 3rd position in National (juniors) or 3rd position in the Inter-University meets.
- Age limits: 17 to 22 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1999 to 31 Jan 2004 (Both dates inclusive).
2. Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR)
- Educational Qualifications: 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at the International /National/State level or represented a University in the Inter-University tournament.
- Age: 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 2000 to 31 Jan 2004 (Both dates inclusive).
3. Matric Recruits (MR)
- Educational Qualifications: 10th /equivalent qualified.
- Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/ National/State level tournament.
- Age: 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Apr 2000 to 31 Mar 2004 (Both dates inclusive).
Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centers. The candidates qualifying trials will undergo medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai. The offer of enrolment will be forwarded to the selected candidates only, which will be strictly determined by requirement in particular sports disciplines and availability of vacancies. Request for change of venue of selection trials will not be entertained. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The application format is given at the end of this advertisement. The selection procedure is as follows:
- Application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher sports achievements.
- Call up letters to eligible shortlisted candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for selection trial.
- All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of selection trial.
- Candidates declared medically Temporary Unfit in the recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible.
- Candidates declared Medically Permanent Unfit in the recruitment medicals can appeal for Specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days on payment of Rs. 40 /- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury. (Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will not be considered). No further review/appeal is permissible.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects depending up on the available vacancies in particular sports disciplines.
- The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form along with the Offer of Enrolment and the candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Hamla at the time of enrolment after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the internet site www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
HOW TO APPLY: The application is to be submitted on A4 size paper only as per the given format. Only one application form is to be forwarded. Candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be disqualified. Forms can also be downloaded from Internet: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Envelops: The type of entry, sports discipline with achievements is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: Ag.PO/SSR/MR/NMR 01/2021 KABBADI – NATIONAL LEVEL