Waiting before the interview in the waiting room is the most uncomfortable time and every candidate feels anxiety during that period. Well, candidates must pay attention during that time because a sound mind will leave a good impression on the interviewing officer (IO).
Your mood, josh, and confidence in the interview are driven by many factors and different people have different ways to manage an unusable mind before a personal interview. It is always said that a sudden action gives a better result than an action that happens after a respective waiting time.
An officer is analyzed to work in a scenario, where he is left under stress and that waiting time is the time of stress and anxiety. To tackle this situation, we are here with some tips to overcome the problem.
- Talk to others – The best way to divert your mind is to talk to other candidates in the waiting room. Raise any topic or talk casually. The exchange of comments will re-track your mind and make you feel relaxed.
- Don’t predict the future – Most of the time, candidates predict the type of questions, their replies, the reaction of IO, and many more things. Those ideas will trap you in your endless discussion with yourself, which will never lead to any conclusion. Focus and don’t predict what is going to happen in the interview room.
- Read something – The waiting room has some magazines and other reading material which can help you in diverting your mind and reducing anxiety. Read the material as it can raise some questions in the interview. Whatever you read, read it with interest.
- Think of your good times – Good memories reside in a special corner of the mind. Remember those and regain your confidence to overcome your anxiety problem. Your memories will refresh your mood and will divert your mind.
- Relax your body – While feeling anxious, the body processes slows down and lead to a bit of stress and amalgamation of thoughts. In this case, you need some basic tricks to bring back your confidence and stream power in your body to restructure your direction of thinking.
- Physical movements – Stand up, expand your arms, stretch your chest and twist your back, loosen up your legs and you will find a new josh in you. With a fresh mind you are ready to face the interview.
- Breathe – Concentrating on breathing can relax your mind and body. Long breaths provide sufficient oxygen to the body which regains activeness.
- Divert your eye – Just watching the thing around and observing them, will help you in relaxing your mind.
Conclusion – A fresh mind can perform better in a personal interview. The more you think about outcomes, the more you will get puzzled. Follow any of the above steps to overcome anxiety and refresh your mind. Once you get control over your mind, then it will be easy to respond correctly to all questions of IO. Always remember, a personal interview is not just about answering the questions, asked by the IO. Rather, it also means the way you reply and testing your endurance in all conditions and circumstances.
To crack SSB interview, recommend you to get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” book from Amazon.