A piece of great news for all the defence aspirants who are looking forward to joining the Indian Navy as an officer in the IT branch. The Indian Navy has published an official notification on 5th August 2022 for SSC IT Officer Entry for course commencing January 2023 onwards, It is a Direct Entry and No Written Exams.
Applications are invited from eligible unmarried men & women candidates for the grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Information Technology (Executive Branch) of the Indian Navy under the Special Naval Orientation Course for course commencing Jan 2023 onwards at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India. Online registrations are open from 5th August to 15th August 2022.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Important Dates:
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course)||Dates|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Application Start Date||05 Aug 2022|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Application Last Date||15 Aug 2022|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) SSB Dates||Sep – Nov 2022|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Merit List||Dec 2023|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Joining Date||Jan 2023|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) SSB Coaching||Join SSB Coaching|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Job Post||SSC Executive Officer|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Vacancies||50 Vacancies|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Mode of Apply||Online|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Official Website||www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.|
|Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Notification PDF||Download Pdf|
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Age Limit:
- Born Between (Both Dates inclusive): 02 Jan 1998 to 01 Jul 2003
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Vacancies:
- Men and Women: 50 Vacancies
(a) These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on the availability of training slots.
(b) NCC Candidates. NCC ‘C’ certificate holders will be given a relaxation of 5% in cut-off marks towards shortlisting for SSB subject to meeting the following criteria:-
(i) Having NCC ‘C’ certificate of Naval/Army/Air Wing with a minimum ‘B’ Grade.
(ii) Served for not less than two academic years in the Senior Division, Naval/Army/Air Wing of the NCC.
(iii) ‘C’ certificate should not be dated prior to 01 Jan 2020.
The final selection will be subject to verification of the certificate issued by DG NCC/ concerned NCC unit for its validity. Candidature of individual will be canceled at any stage of selection/ training/ post commissioning, in case of false declaration, misinformation, concealing of information.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Educational Qualifications:
A candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in English in class X or XII and one of the undermentioned educational qualifications with minimum of 60% overall qualifying marks, in either or a combination of the following:-
(a) MSc/ BE/ B Tech/ M Tech (Computer Science/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer
Engineering / Information Technology/ Software Systems/ Cyber Security/ System Administration &
Networking/ Computer Systems & Networking/ Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence), OR
(b) MCA with BCA/BSc (Computer Science/ Information Technology).
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Medical Standards/ Relaxation:
- Medical Standards/ Relaxation in Height and Weight/ Tattoo. All candidates recommended by SSB are required to undergo medical examination applicable to their entry. Guidelines for medical standards are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. There is no relaxation in medical standards on any grounds. Change of medical hospital/centre is not permissible under any circumstances.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Who Can Apply?
- Candidates who have graduated/post graduated or in the final year (regular/integrated) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- The university for the above mentioned should be incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities/ Autonomous Universities under UGC, Act 1956; IIT Act, 1961; AICTE Act, 1987; NITSER Act, 2007; IIIT Act, 2014.
- Candidates who have obtained a degree in Engineering (regular/integrated) with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/System from such foreign university/ college/ institution.
- The university/college/institution should be recognised by the Government of India for the purpose or Engineering Degree/equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities established under AIU, Act 1973.
SSB Interview Study Material: SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Selection Procedure:
- (a) Shortlisting of application will be based on normalised marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree. Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree will be normalised using formulae mentioned on the website https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/files/normalisation.pdf
- (b) BE/B Tech. For candidates who have completed or in final year of BE/B Tech, marks obtained upto fifth semester will be considered for SSB shortlisting.
- (c) Post-Graduate Degree Programme. For candidates who have completed MSc/ MCA/ M Tech, marks obtained in all semesters will be considered. For final year students pursuing MSc/MCA/M Tech, marks obtained till pre-final year will be considered.
- (d) Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview through e-mail or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e-mail/ mobile number till selection process is over.
- (f) Change of SSB Centre for examination/ interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- (g) Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD (N) via SMS/email (provided by candidate in their application). Any correspondence regarding
- change of SSB dates should be addressed to the call up officer of the concerned SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- (h) No compensation is admissible in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB Interviews.
- (j) AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for particular type of commission. Candidates are required to bring photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
- (k) Details of SSB procedure are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Merit List:
- A merit list would be prepared based on SSB marks. Candidates declared fit in the medical examination would be appointed as per the availability of vacancies in the entry.
Join SSB Interview Master Class 2022: SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Tenure Of Commission:
- Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility and willingness of candidates.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Training:
- (a) Candidates will be inducted in the rank of Sub Lieutenant.
- (b) Selected candidates will undergo 04 Weeks Special Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. This will be followed by professional training at Naval Ships and training establishments as per extant regulations.
- (c) Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged from service and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him/her and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government.
- (d) If the officer voluntarily withdraws from initial training or resigns during the probationary period, he/she shall be required to refund the cost of training in whole or in part, as may be determined by Govt. & all money received by him/her as pay & allowances from the Govt. together with the interest on the said money calculated at the rate in force for Govt loans.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Probation Period:
- The probation period for SSC (IT) Officers is two years. The probation period will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub Lieutenant and will terminate after two years or on completion of initial training (whichever is later). During ,probation the officers are liable to be discharged in case of unsatisfactory performance at any stage.
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) Pay Scale:
- Pay & Allowances/ Group Insurance & Gratuity/ Leave Entitlements/ Duties of Officers. Details are available on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Indian Navy IT Branch (Jan 2023 Course) How To Apply:
Candidates are to register and fill out applications on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. To save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance. The online submission of the application is as under:-
- (a) Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- (i) Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- (ii) Fields such as e-mail address, and mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- (b) All relevant documents (preferably in original), marks sheets up to 5th & 7th semester for regular and integrated BE/ B.Tech courses respectively and all semesters for other degree examination, date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate), CGPA conversion formula for BE/ B.Tech, NCC ‘C’ certificate issued by National Cadet Corps and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/TIFF format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- (c) If any scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason the application will be rejected. Candidates are to take a printout of the application and carry it while appearing for SSB interview.
- (d) The application once submitted will be final and no request for amendments/change will be entertained
Note: Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point in time
To crack the SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.