Dear aspirants, recently Indian army has published the notification of TES 31 for July 2014 course, so it is a right time to tell our aspirants about what is 10+2 TES entry of Indian army, its eligibility criteria, selection procedure and many more.
What is TES Technical Entry Scheme
TES stand for Technical Entry Scheme, as the name suggest, it is a technical entry to get into Indian army as an officer. TES is more or less like UES and TGC entries of Indian army, but in case of UES and TGC candidates apply for it after doing their engineering from outside; TES is an opportunity for the aspirants to join the technical branch of Indian army after 10+2.
Eligibility Criteria for TES Technical Entry Scheme
Age: 16½ years and above 19½ years
Education: candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Type of Commission Through TES Technical Entry Scheme
- On successful completion of 4 years of the course cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- On successful completion of total 04 years training, the candidates will be commissioned in the rank of Lt. They will be granted seniority on overall order of merit of the three technical institutes combined i.e. CME, MCTE, MCEME and in case the date of commissioning coincides with that of IMA, Dehradun, they will be placed en-block junior to IMA (NDA / ACC / DE Course ) but above TGC / UES course.
Training of TES Technical Entry Scheme
- Basic Military Training : 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training:
- Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune, MCTE Mhow and MCEME Secunderabad)
- Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune, MCTE Mhow and MCEME Secunderabad.
- Award of Degree: The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of training.
In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing Engineering degree examination. If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
Selection Procedure for TES Technical Entry Scheme
- Short listed candidates will be called for Services Selection Board (SSB) interview at Bhopal, Bangalore or Allahabad.
- Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival. During their stay at SSB, Candidates are put through psychological Test, Group test and Interviews.
- Candidates will be put through stage – I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage – I, will be returned on the first day itself, Stage I are psychologically originated test including intelligence test.
- Successful candidates at the SSB will be required to undergo medical test lasting 3 to 5 days less Sundays and gazetted holidays.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds/Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under Al 53/78.
- Candidates appering for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC III tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.