Candidates, personal interview which is also called as PI, is the key factor and a game changer as well. Most of us take it as normally and do not put efforts to get more marks in PI, though it is not necessary to do something extra ordinary and additional efforts, but still there are do’s which every candidate must follow in personal interview.
Why Personal Interview is Crucial
- IO [Interviewing Officer], is the only person in whole SSB who talks with you for more than 40- 50 mins continuously, related to your personal life, goals, attachments, success, failures and what not. In other words, he has more information about you compare to any other accessor in the board.
- He will come to know, what you are, from what you speak in front of him.
- He knows your failures and hardships you have faced in your life, in short he can decide whether you have potential to become an officer in Indian armed forces or no.
- He can convince GTO if your GTO marks are less, only if he finds you mentally stronger.
We can not fool a person who talks with us continuously for 40 -50 mins that too with back to back questions. IOs are experienced like anything, they might know your answer before you open your mouth. In short, if you go without preparation, you will cut short your chances of getting in.
|SSB Personal Interview|
Tips for Personal Interview in SSB
- Look smart, cheerful and enthusiastic.
- Be audible but not too loud and appear a keen to speak and respond to the questions.
- Sit straight and comfortable, do not fidget, do not keep moving your hands and legs as it may distract the interviewer from your responses.
- If you have not understand anything politely ask for a clarification or to repeat the question.
- Be clear about facts and figures regarding your bio data, marks obtained. ranking in competitive exams, dates, name of school/institute, teachers, friends etc.
- “ I do not remember” on aspects pertaining to your life, shows you in poor light.
- You are expected to be aware so as to touch upon current events if asked.
What do you do during personal interview, what is your funda to keep yourself cool and calm during PI ?? Please post your responses in the comment box below.