Army recruits officers through NCC Special Entry, thus giving a chance to the NCC cadets to try their luck in the Army. Given below are the details of this Entry.
What is NCC Special Entry Scheme
- Who can apply: Male and female candidates (Males married/unmarried and females unmarried), who have completed 2 years of service in NCC Senior Division Army along with minimum of ‘B’ grade in ‘C’ certificate examination.
- Educational Qualification: Graduate and above, final years are also eligible with minimum 50% in aggregate in graduation.
- Age: The candidate’s age must lie between 19-25 years at the time of course commencing.
- Training Academy: The training academy is OTA Chennai.
- Commission: Short Service Commission.
- Notification: Notified by Additional Directorate General Recruiting / AG Branch in Jun / Dec.
- Procedure: On special screening of the applications received by ADG Recruiting, direct calls for SSB are made to the shortlisted candidates. Eligible candidates will be called at selection center where two stages of screening will be run and those clearing Stage-I will undergo five-day SSB interview. Successful candidates from here will move on to medical examination for physical fitness. As per the merit list prepared by DG Recruiting, selected candidates will get admission into Indian Army through OTA Chennai.