Psychological test is conducted on the second day of the SSB. The purpose of this test is to find out the personality of the candidate and whether he is fit for the service in armed forces or not. Psychological helps in observing the emotional and behavioral actions of a candidate. The psychological then make an opinion about the candidate based on the psychological test.
- Thematic Appreciation Test(TAT)
- Word Association Test(WAT)
- Situation Reaction Test((SRT)
- Self Description
This is an Imagination test and a series of 12 pictures are shown to the candidates for 30 seconds where the candidates have to write a story on each picture in 4 minutes. The 12th picture is a blank slide in which the candidate can write any story of his own choice.
- Your hero must have an organized, disciplined and logical approach to the problems of life.
- Your hero must show determination to achieve aims and goals in life.
- Your hero must have a helpful attitude.
- Your story must have a positive and constructive base.
- If your hero has derived a plan, it should be backed by Hard work, overcoming difficulties and having an optimistic view of life.
- Your hero must have the ability to coordinate the working of a group.
- Your hero must have confidence, energy and positive bend of mind.
- Your hero must have high ambitions or aims in life.
- Your hero must show social adaptability.
- Your hero must show Speed of Action.
- Your story must have a brief introduction about the background of the hero, a main body and a final result part.
- Your hero should have the same age and sex of you.
- Your hero must be a normal, natural Human.
- Write the first thought that comes to your mind.
- Your story must have a strong, acceptable plot and theme.
Word Association Test
WAT or Word Association Test is a partly guided, subconscious and also the test of your imagination. It is not a sentence making test. This test evaluates your quality of ideas associated with all the 60 words shown on the screen. Do not write quotation in WAT. Do not write borrowed ideas in WAT. Candidates are supposed to make out positive sentences on each word shown in the slide. Candidate’s performance depends mainly on “personality” and practice. The time limit for this test is short so a candidate has a very little time to think which drives out the personality of a candidate in the test.
Situation Reaction Test
This test consists of 60 routine life situations regarding day to day activities. The time limit for this test is 30 minutes. The situations are printed in a booklet and the candidate is asked to write his reactions by completing the sentences, as to how they would feel, think and act in these situations. What the psychologist expect to be practical and the candidate should win over every situation in a normal practical manner.
This is the last test in the psychological test. The time given for self description is 15 minutes and the candidate has to write his views ,his family and friends views about himself. Candidates are asked to write a paragraph about your opinion on your parents, guardians, teachers, friends, classmates.
- What your parent’s say about you?
- What your classmates say about you?
- What your teachers say about you?
- Write about yourself?
- What kind of person you want to be?