By the end of this article, you will be aware of a few typical situations which arise in the room of the Interviewing Officer. You may have faced some of these situations before and you may face them when you go there this time. While some situations given below are funny others are tricky. Try to read and understand and thus be aware of them so that you are not awestruck when you face them.
SSB Interview Tricky Situations and Questions
- You enter the room and you see that the IO having a conversation on phone: In this situation you just stand there, wait for him to finish and then ask his permission to take a seat/enter after wishing him.
- While you are answering your question he’s least interested in hearing your answer and has closed his eyes and pretends that he’s getting bored: In such situation you have to go on speaking what you were speaking without getting distracted.
- When you are answering he mocks at your answers: Don’t get angry or disturbed just give a slight smile and go on.
- When you answer his long rapid fire, he interrupts in-between asking cross questions: The purpose of doing so is to make you forget your sequence and what you were answering. In such case answer his cross question and then say ‘coming back to what I was saying Sir’ and continue with your original sequence. Don’t panic if you forget the sequence, just answer whatever you remember.
- The IO Offers you tea/coffee/cigarette: It is better to deny politely in such situations but if he insists and you don’t have an option or an escape then be sure you do it in a proper manner
- Creating pressure on you: He may do it in various ways; the idea is to check how strong you are. He might ask you personal questions or ask emotional things to stress you out. So don’t panic and think that he is just testing you.
- Very personal questions related to relationship or other things: He might ask very personal questions to check whether you are comfortable or not. Also questions related to pornography etc. might be asked, be frank and specific and don’t be extra friendly with him, answer in a limit.
- When asked about stuff you don’t know: He might ask you things which you don’t know, now you are not Google or encyclopedia so honestly say that you don’t know the answer instead of trying to fake.
- Two officers are sitting: In this case generally one is the main IO and other is the trainee IO, or in some cases the other officer might be the psychologist. You have to wish both of them and answer to the person who has asked you the question.
- Funny questions: He might ask you light and witty questions which may be like asking you to marry him (of course in case of girls!) or asking you to marry your sister with him. In such witty questions give a witty answer.