Hello Future Soldiers, Today through this article I want to share my approach towards AFCAT exam. I gave this exam for the first time in Feb 2014 and cleared it. Believe me – 3 weeks study consistent study for it is enough. However, you are left with only two weeks so I will share some valuable tips which can be useful to you:
- Stick to AFCAT syllabus given at the website.
- Use Arihant AFCAT book for studying GK. This book alone is sufficient.
- Practice reasoning questions from RS Agarwal.
- Practice Error identification and Fill in the blanks from AFCAT book.
- English: Since this is the very first section of the test, candidates try to solve this first. But, if you are sure on yourself and if you think you can score very easily in this section, only then solve else attempt this section later. The most scoring areas in English are reading comprehension, error identification and fill in the blanks. I would suggest you to make these areas stronger by studying from Arihant book.
- GK: Almost half of the GK comprises of history and geography of India. This you can study from Arihant book. Apart from that I would recommend to read information related to Indian history (especially Mughal and British Era) and geography. I made notes from internet during my preparation.
- Mathematics: For solving this part just study the following topics: algebra, percentages, profit & loss, rates time speed, simple & compound interest and number system. For practicing, I encourage you to solve previous exam papers (right from 2011). The questions are not repeated but the pattern remains almost the same. Also, remember to time your practice using a stopwatch. You should complete this section within 30-40 minutes.
- Reasoning: This is the most scoring section. I recommend you to attempt this very first before going to any other section. Solving this first will not only boost your confidence, but also increase your speed. For getting a command on this section, practice using RS Agarwal book. But the book is quite large, so practice accordingly. I did some questions from every section. Here also, go through previous exam question papers.
If anyone wants these materials, please let me know:
How to prepare for AFCAT 2019 Online
- AFCAT Solved Papers eBook (2018 – 2011)
- Let’s Crack AFCAT [BOOK]
- AFCAT Current Affairs eBooks
- Let’s Crack SSB Interview [Book]
- Breaking the code of SSB Psychology [Book]