The preparation for all these is needed as there are no fixed questions that come from the section and the average number of question varies every time the exam is conducted. Also the answers are needed to be filled on the OMR sheet specially designed for the purpose. At present the following tips can be useful:
- Do not leave anything from syllabus and try to touch on the variety of topics.
- English should be good enough to decipher what the question want to say. Also read the question carefully and then answer.
- There are negative marks too for the wrong attempt, so be careful while attempting the questions and don’t just choose all to attempt.
- Times management can be your keys to success so don’t waste too much time in a question, just try to regularise and if you get stuck just leave the question. This will help you to attempt more questions and score more.
- When the result is declared the authorities declare a cut-off and all those scoring above it are only called for SSB.
- Some latest magazines, daily newspaper reading can save you in the general knowledge section. Keep yourself updated through these tools.
- If you are good at preparing note on tough topics that can be helpful now as it saves time and help in doing revision.
- Number of candidates who are giving AFCAT is increasing by 15-20% in every exam which is a clear indication that more hard work needs to be put in as the competition is increasing
- Keep the material like pencil, pen, admit card handy and don’t carry too much with you. No books needed on the day of exam because be assured if you have not read anything when you had sufficient time to prepare then that last moment study will definitely not help.
- Enter the hall and occupy the position beforehand, settle down and feel calm
- Do breathing exercise, sitting on the chair calmly; else the other people might get afraid of what has happened to you during the exam.
- Follow the instructions given in the exam hall as supervisors are very strict there.
- Never try to cheat, perform your best without thinking of the end result. Remember an officer can never cheat (“An Officer can fail many times but he wins only with right means”~~ Jayendra Pratap Singh), and you are sitting there for securing that position only.
- How to Do Well in Situation Reaction Test of SSB
- What Should You Have To Become An Officer?
- Think Positive To Get Success In SSB