The Indian navy gives several opportunities to the candidates that inch them closer to join their dream academy. The opportunities are probably more favorable for the non-medical candidates, but they provide a diverse working experience and thrill in the job and duty they offer. The Indian navy recruit officers by qualifying exam NDA and CDS and some indirect entries like NCC, UES etc. below are the brief of the opportunities served by the Indian Navy to the candidates.
- NDA – NDA provides opportunities to all candidates who are appearing in 10+2 or have passed the class. NDA examination is for the recruitment of officers for the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. The candidate must have their age in the range of 17 to 19 ½. Candidates can apply for NDA 1 2017 on upsconline.nic.in it till 10 February, 2017.
- TES Navy – It is a direct entry for all candidates, who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths and have scored aggregate 70%. The entry is similar to the TES entry for Army. The shortlisting of the candidates for the SSB is done over the academic performance and the shortlisted candidates are informed further and called at respective SSB centres. The forms for TES Navy July 2017 batch are closed and the next opportunity of this entry will be served in July/August.
- CDS – CDS exam is conducted by UPSC and is served to the graduate candidates. All candidates having passed or appearing in B.tech and having their age between 19-22 years can apply for it. The exam of CDS 1 2017 is scheduled on 5th February and the form for CDSE 2 2017 will be out in June/July. The examination opens the doors for the candidates to join the Navy in different departments.
- NCC – NCC Special Entry is the direct entry for all NCC C certificate holders in naval wing. The candidates having minimum 50% marks in graduation can apply for their entry by submitting their application form is their battalion. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the SSB and further selection procedures.
- UES (SSC) – University Entry Scheme is the direct entry that is provided to B.tech final year male candidates having age between 19-24 years. Candidates having minimum 60% marks up to 6th and 4th semester in Mechanical, Marine, Aeronautical/Aerospace, B.Architecture, Automobile, Civil engineering, Naval Architecture, Industrial & Production, Metallurgy, Electrical, Instrumentation & Communication, Telecommunication, Power Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Control Engg streams of engineering are eligible for the entry. The application for the entry are out and candidates can apply for the entry on nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- UES Naval Architect – The entry is for both male and female candidates. Candidates having 60% marks in BE/B.Tech in Naval Architecture / Mech/Civil/ Aeronautical / Metallurgical / Aerospace Engg / B.Arch are legible for the entry.
Conclusion – The entries mentioned above are the first step to join the elite organization. All 10+2 passed candidates and candidates graduated in required streams, have the golden opportunity to be a part of the Armed Forces and join the Navy. The in-direct entries, in which examination is conducted prior to the interviews, the cut-off of the Indian navy usually goes less than the other, which can be a good point for the aspirants. So, make a plan and follow your ambition in all possible ways.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Amazon. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: