NDA is the examination, which is eagerly awaited by most of the fresh Armed Forces aspirants. All 12th appearing and passed aspirants should know the eligibility criteria of the upcoming NDA examination. All aspirants, who are targeting the next year’s NDA, should go through the notification and eligibility criteria of NDA 1 2017.
AGE – All UNMARRIED MALE aspirants, falling in the age group of 2 July 1998 to 2 July 2001 are eligible for applying for this exam. Only matriculation certificate is accepted for determining the correct age of the candidate. No other document will be accepted or entertained.
QUALIFICATION – The basic qualification for NDA is 12th passed or appearing. But the further specifications are there for Air Force and Naval streams.
- For Army wing of NDA – All aspirants, who have passed or appearing in 12 class with 10+2 pattern from state or national board are eligible for applying for Army wing of NDA.
- For AF and Navy wing of NDA and INA – All aspirants who are appearing or have passed 12th having Maths and Physics as compulsory subjects in 12th, are eligible for these entries.
IMPORTANT DATES – Important dates for NDA 1 2017 are:-
Date of Notification – 18.01.2017
Last date of applying – 10.2.2017
Examination Date – 23.4.2017
Expected month of result declaration – July, 2017
EXAM PATTERN – The exam is conducted in two parts. The first part consists of Mathematics paper followed by a break and then the next paper consist of English and General Ability. Both the papers are commonly counted for final cut-off and selection of candidates.
Maths – 2 ½ hours – 300 marks
G.A. – 2 ½ hours – 600 marks
Entire exam is optional and no description is allowed in it. All questions, except English part, will be in both Hindi and English language. Expected cut-off for the exam will be 650/1800.
Other Basic Instructions
Some other basic instructions that candidate must know before appearing in exam are
- Negative marking is applied
- Don’t take any electronic device inside the examination room
- Bring a black ball point pen for marking OMR sheet
- Take a photo ID with you for identification
HOW TO APPLY – For applying, the candidates have to follow some steps. The form is entirely online and the payment can be made using online medium or by generating challan and depositing the fees in SBI branch. The steps are
- Visit upsconline.nic.in and fill up PART-1.
- Get the registration ID.
- Again, go to upsconline.nic.in and fill the Registration id and date of birth in PART-2.
- Opt the suitable way of fees payment of Rs. 100. (Challan/online payment).
- Upload Photo and Signature.
- Select the examination center.
- Check the form for the last time and save the form for future use.
So, all aspirants must stay ready for the next NDA examination and aim at it to get into the elite academy.
All the best
To crack the AFSB and SSB interview, we recommend you to get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” book from Amazon.