Branches, Course Number and Vacancies:
- Permanent Commission (PC) for Men. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation in their respective branches as per their rank.
- Short Service Commission (SSC) for Men & Women.
- The engagement period for Flying Branch (Men and Women) SSC Officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable).
- The initial tenure for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) SSC Officers would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
|AFCAT Events||AFCAT 1 2019||AFCAT 2 2019|
|AFCAT Notification Date||1 December 2018||1 June 2019|
|AFCAT Online Application Date||1 December 2018||1 June 2019|
|AFCAT Application Last date||30 December 2018||July 2019|
|AFCAT Admit Card date||After 01 February 2019||August 2019|
|AFCAT Exam date||16 and 17 February 2019||September 2019|
|AFCAT Result date declaration||Last week of March 2019||October 2019|
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on 01 Jan 2020 i.e. born between 02 January 1996 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2020 i.e. born between 02 January 1994 to 01 January 2000 (both dates inclusive).
|General Awareness||25||75||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||25||75|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||32||96|
AFCAT 2 2019 Timings
AFCAT 2 2018 Application Form Online Details
|AFCAT 2018||AFCAT II 2018|
|Service||Indian Air Force|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|AFCAT Branches||Flying Officer, Ground Duty (Technical), Ground Duty (Non-Technical)|
|AFCAT Apply||Online at AFCAT CDAC website|
|AFCAT Official Website||afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/|
AFCAT 2018 Important Dates:
|AFCAT 2 2018 Notification Date||30th May 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Apply Online Starting Date||16th June 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Last Date||15th July 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Fee||250 INR|
|AFCAT 2 Admit Card 2018 Date||1st Week of Aug 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Exam Date||18th and 19th Aug 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Result Date||Last week of Sep 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Educational Qualification:||Flying Branch- Candidate must have a graduate in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E/B. Tech with minimum 60% marks. Ground Duty (Technical)- Candidates must have a graduation level degree in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level with minimum 60% marks. Ground Duty (Non-Technical)- Candidates must have graduation level degree any discipline with minimum 60% marks and obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Age Limit:||For Flying Branch- 20 to 24 Years For Ground Duty- 20 to 26 Years|
|AFCAT Application Fee|
|AFCAT Online Fee||Rs. 250/-|
|Meteorology and NCC Special Entry Candidates||–|
|AFCAT Selection Process|
|Online Exam||Online test will be conducted for AFCAT main paper and EKT paper.|
|SSB Interview/ AFSB Interview||Selected candidates will face the AFSB interview for the following tests.
Medical Test for the AFSB Interview recommended candidates
- Flying – (206/19F/SSC/M & W)
- Ground Duty Technical – 205/19T/PC/ M and 205/19T/ SSC/M & W
- Ground Duty Non-Technical – 205/19G/ PC/M and 205/19G/ SSC/M & W
- PC for Male. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per their branch and rank.
- SSC for Male & Women.
- The engagement period for Flying Branch SSC officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable).
- The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech and Non-Tech) branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
- Administration and Logistics – Graduation degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts – B.Com Degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Education – Post graduate degree (MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation) with minimum 50% marks, along with minimum 60% marks in graduation.
AFCAT 1 2018 Course ListFLYING BRANCH
- No. 205/21F/SSC/M & W ( Short Service Commission for men & women)
- No. 205/22T/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men)
- No. 205/22T/SSC/M & W (Short Service Commission for men & women)
- No. 204/21G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men)
- No. 204/21G/SSC/M & W (Short Service Commission for men & women)
AFCAT 1 2018 Age LimitsFlying Branch
- Age: 20 to 24 years as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. Born between 02 Jan 1996 to 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive). (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and Current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1993 to 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications: Graduates (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
- Age: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. born between 02 Jan 1993 to 01 Jan 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Age: 20 to 26 years as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. born between 02 Jan 1994 to 01 Jan 2000 (both dates inclusive). Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may apply for all courses commencing in January 2018 provided they fulfil the following conditions:- (a) Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together up to the last semester / year for which results have been declared at the time of online submission and at the time of SSB
AFCAT 1 2018 Selection ProcedureAll applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch) to be conducted on Mar 2018 (Sunday) at one of the examination centres mentioned at para 17 (b). Candidates will be required to login to their candidate login accounts regularly for information on AFCAT, EKT (if applicable) and AFSB testing. The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude. Sample question papers and syllabus of AFCAT/EKT is available on IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in. EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT. Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of (AFCAT/EKT) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. The testing would consist of three stages as given below.
- Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days). (c) For Flying Branch: CPSS (Computerised Pilot Selection System) and or PABT would be administered to eligible candidates.