Indian Army TGC 122 and SSC 46 Tech Recruitment 2015 2016 Notification Apply Online. Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Engineering Graduates for 122nd Technical Graduates Course (commencing in January 2016 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun) and 46th Short Service Commission (Technical) Course (commencing in April 2016 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai) for commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services.
Applications for both entries, viz, TGC-122 and SSC (T)-46 are invited on a common application form from candidates who meet the requisite eligibility criteria as given in this notification, which will be applicable for both the entries subject to meeting the eligibility conditions for the respective entries. The candidates may apply for one or both entries indicating their preference for the two entries in the common application form. Candidates giving SSC (T) as their first choice will be considered as the only choice. The candidates shall be shortlisted engineering stream/discipline wise based on the cut off percentage for the respective stream/discipline. The shortlisted candidates shall appear for a common SSB at their allotted Selection Centres. A common merit list will be prepared engineering stream/discipline wise for both the entries. Allotment of entry shall be based on merit and preference exercised. Candidates not getting their first choice will automatically be considered for their second choice. Candidates not giving any second choice will be considered for the only choice, if in merit, and will not have any claim on any other entry. The choice given at the stage of initial application will be final and no change whatsoever will be entertained at a later stage. Choice of an entry where no vacancies are indicated for a particular engineering stream will be considered as an invalid choice.
TGC 122 and SSC 46 Tech Eligibility
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: – (i) 122nd Technical Graduate Course (TGC) : 20 to 27 years i.e, candidates born between 02 Jan 89 and 01 Jan 96, both dates inclusive. (ii) 46th Short Service Commission (Technical) Course (SSC (T)) : 20 to 27 years i.e, candidates born between 02 Apr 89 and 01 Apr 96, both dates inclusive. NOTE : The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed the requisite Engineering Degree or be in the final year of Engineering Degree course. The candidates in the final year of Degree Course should complete all their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects, backlogs, etc prior to 01 Jan 2016 for TGC and 01 Apr 2016 for SSC (T). They should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA/OTA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA/OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate.
TGC 122 and SSC 46 Tech Vacancy Details:
|Engineering Streams||No. of Vcancies|
|Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics||05||15|
|Automobile / Workshop Technology||–||02|
|Aeronautical/ Aviation/ Aerospace/ Ballistics/ Avionics||01||02|
|Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/ Info Tech/ M.Sc (Computer Science)||05||10|
|Electronics & Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication||08||15|
|Electronics / Opto Electronics/ Fibre Optics / Micro Electronics & Microwave||05||16|
|Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation||02||03|
|Architecture/ Building construction Technology||02||03|
|Food Tech/ Bio Tech/Bio-Medical Engineering||–||02|
NOTE 1: These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
NOTE 2: In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose. Recruiting Directorate will examine the case for acceptance based on the certificate issued by the concerned university for equivalence.
TGC 122 and SSC 46 Tech How To Apply Online
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Click on Officer Menu then go to How to Apply and then click ONLINE APPLICATION. Fill the online registration form. Note down the user id and password. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you click on ONLINE APPLICATION. Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- Preference of Entry: – The candidates may apply for one or both entries indicating their preference for the two entries in the common application form. In case of candidates giving SSC (T) as their first choice, it will be considered as their only choice. The candidates are advised to check for the availability of vacancies in their respective engineering streams/preferred entry when giving their preferences.
- A candidate is also advised to check his given preference for TGC and for SSC(T) in terms of eligibility for the said two courses for age as prescribed in para 3(b) above, so that based on his rank in the order of merit, due consideration can be given to his preferences while making appointment to the respective entry, at the time of its commencement.
- Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the Candidate:-
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affix with photograph attested by Govt Gazetted Officer.
- Attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof. (iii) Attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- Attested copy of Engineering Degree/ Provisional Degree
- Attested copy of Mark Sheets of all Semesters
- Certificate form the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in the final year and final exams will be over by 01 Jan 2016 for final year appearing candidates of TGC Entry and by 01 Apr 2016 for final year appearing candidates of SSC(T) Entry.
- Equivalence certificate of the concerned university to claim equivalence. (Refer Note 2 to Para 4 of this notification).
- All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself. Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
- Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature. ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 10 JUN 2015 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 09 JUL 2015 AT 1700 HRS.
TGC 122 and SSC 46 Tech Merit List
- Provisions of preparation of merit list and allotment of entry are as explained at Para 2 of this notification.
- It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection.
- Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, NCC background, etc, have no role to play in the merit list. Note : The merit list of the recommended candidates for TGC and SSC (T) will be displayed at the reception of DG Rtg and our website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. after completion of all formalities related to the entries.
TGC 122 and SSC 46 Tech Important Link