EKT which stands for Engineering Knowledge Test is an exam which every candidate who has applied for Technical Branch in IAF through AFCAT has to appear for, in addition to the usual AFCAT exam. EKT is a test. EKT can’t be termed as a very simple test, the reason being that it involves a lot of basic questions, and the syllabus is wide. This test is crucial as it is compulsory to clear it. So even if you clear AFCAT and fail this test, you can’t make it. So it is important that you clear both tests. However below given are some tips which I hope will help you with EKT:
- Start now: The right time to begin your preparations for EKT is now. The syllabus for EKT is pretty huge and of course you can’t prepare in a day. So the right time to prepare for EKT is now. Don’t waste time and start gathering your resources.
- Practice will get you through: With the huge amount of people in the past who have passed AFCAT but failed in EKT, it is understandable that the test can be hard. However, it is trickier than hard. The key to success here is practice. Hence practice every day, without fail.
- Refer to the reliable material: When you are studying for EKT make sure you are referring to a reliable material. Study materials only from authorized and recognized sources. Otherwise, you’ll end up wasting your time, studying things which you don’t need to, and missing those which you need to. SSBCrackExams is one such source you can refer.
- Online tests: You can try mock tests online which will help you a lot. Mock tests will not only give you an idea of your preparations but also expose you to a number of probable questions.
- Previous papers: These are the best means to judge and understand the level of questions which you may get. Don’t let these go in vain. See these papers, refer to them and understand.
- Syllabus: You need to know the syllabus properly in order to prepare. So look up for the syllabus and prepare in accordance to that. Preparing blindly will waste your time and efforts.
- Brush up basics: In EKT most of the questions are based on basics and base level of engineering concepts. If you refer to your first year study material a lot of things will be found (It is an entirely different thing that engineers never study, somehow, nobody can understand how they pass, so quite unlikely for you to have those materials). Clearing up basics will take you and help you in a long run.
Mostly EKT is attempted by working professionals and Final year student, having already a lot of priorities, so it requires a lot of efforts and dedication to prepare for it. One golden tip is to never procrastinate, and prepare in a timely fashion, every day. Good Luck.