Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Post Graduates in the subjects notified below for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army Education Corps. Course commencing in July 2016 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
AEC 123 Notification Eligibility
- Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: – 23 to 27 years as on 01 July 2016 (Candidates born between 02 Jul 89 and 01 Jul 93 both dates inclusive). The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. Note:- No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification: Only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree MA/M.Sc in the following subjects with 1st or 2nd Division.
Important Note: – Candidates must note that only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree MA/M.Sc in the following subjects with 1st or 2nd Division are only eligible. Final Year appearing/Result awaiting students are not eligible.
AEC 123 Type of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt. Officers may be granted commission in any arms/services and will be liable for service in any part of the world on selected appointments as decided by Army Headquarters from time to time
AEC 123 Training: Duration of training is one year:
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject.
- Candidates neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
- Cost of Training. The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs. 8785/ -per week for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy.
- Army Group Insurance Fund. The Gentlemen Cadets of IMA when in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs. 60 lac wef 01 Oct 2015. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100 per cent disability will be Rs. 25 lac which is proportionately reduced up to Rs 5 lac for 20 per cent disability. However, for less than 20 per cent disability, only an Ex-Gratia Grant of Rs. 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia Grant. In addition, Gentleman cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia. Subscription at the rate of Rs 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman Cadets in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to Regular Army Officers.
AEC 123 PAY AND ALLOWANCES
The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
AEC 123 How To Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on Officer Menu then go to How to Apply and then click ONLINE APPLICATION. Fill the online registration form. Note down the user id and password. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you click on ONLINE APPLICATION. Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- Following documents are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:- (i) One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affix with self attested photograph. (ii) Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent Certificate by the Board concerned (CBSE/State Boards/ICSCE) in which date of birth is reflected for age proof (Admit card/Marksheet/Transfer/Leaving Certificate etc. are not acceptable for proof of date of birth). (iii) Self-attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet. (iv) Self-attested copy of Graduate Degree and all Marksheets. (v) Self-attested copy of Post Graduate Degree & Mark sheets of all Semesters. (vi) All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself. Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be canceled.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
- Candidates must submit only one application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancelation of candidature.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 12 OCT 2015 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 11 NOV 2015 AT 1700 HRS.
AEC 123 Physical Standard
- Height & Weight. The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards. Distance Vision (Corrected): Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmation. Internal examination of the eye will be done my means of opthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP-III. A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colours. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. In order to detect PRK/LASIK all the candidates at SMB will be subjected to the measurement of Axial length by A-Scan biometer. Candidates who have undergone LASER Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army if they fulfill following criteria :- (i) Age more than 20 years. (ii) Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for Myopia -3- or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure. (iii) A healthy retina. (iv) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of + 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia. (v) Axial length within permissible limits.
- Permanent Body Tattoos. For detailed Tattoos policy visit website . www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Indian Military Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the IMA, if finally selected:- (a) Running 2.4Km in 15 minutes (b) Push ups – 13 Nos (c) Sit ups – 25 Nos
- Chin ups – 6 Nos (e) Rope climbing – 3-4 metres.
AEC 123 Merit List
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at SSB interview.
- It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection.
- Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, NCC background, etc, have no role to play in the merit list.
For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, or contact Tele No. (011) 26173215 (between 2PM to 5PM Monday to Friday). Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ MoD (Army), West Block-III, R.K.Puram, New Delhi- 110066.