It is not possible for everyone to get selected in SSB. Well there is no particular quality or feature on the basis of which you can judge someone. It’s all about that process of SSB which is been designed by DRDO. If you have that caliber of standing out in all the processes then, you are in. there is no hard and fast rule of clearing any competition. There are many people who have appeared for SSB were not able to make it. Few of them were: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan and many more. But they are at top levels in their respective fields. The biggest mistake which candidates make is, they treat SSB and other competitive examinations as the same thing. Which is obviously not. In SSB you dnt have to compete with others but here your competition with you only.
Everyone is not born with qualities of an officer but, with the passage of time one can develop these qualities in them. Here the accessors are not looking for someone with consistent performance. They are looking for the one with qualities and abilities to tackle different stages of the competition. Generally people ask about the proper way to prepare for SSB. If you think that you need to read your previous books and you would be asked about your studies there then, you are wrong. In SSB, it doesn’t matter whether you were a topper in mathematics or you were average in science during your school or college time. Your presentation, your will power and your presence lof mind is what which matters the most. There are three phases in SSB selection criteria and you have to go through them very convincingly.
- PPDT: In this phase you have to write a story from a picture. So try to make your writing clear and simple. Do not try to write a lot. Write in layman’s language and keep it short. Be confident about your thoughts and write down them.
- Psychology test: This phase is divided into two parts:
- WAT (Word Association test): Try to write simple sentences and do not write long ones. Be positive in your approach and take care of your handwriting.
- TAT(Thematic Appreciation Test): Keep instruction of PPDT in mint and write a story do not write complex sentences and write a brief story
- Situation Reaction Test (SRT): Make your writing sensible. Mention all the situations clearly and do not waste much time over a single situation.
- Self-Description: It’s your time. Be realistic and explain yourself in best manner. Try not to write that bring bookish language. This is your only chance to tell about you.
Interview: well interview is the easiest part where you are asked about your past, present, studies, hobbies, friends, likes and dislikes. If you know the tact to explain yourself in words then, you will clear this phase very easily. Basically you honesty, confidence, way of expression, memory, communication skills are checked.
In this phase you are being checked on ground. One has to go through group discussions and prove his commanding skills. Give lectures and many more tasks are there. Candidate has to work as a team, a commander, a subordinate etc. Main motive of this phase is to check the commanding qualities in you. So be confident as this is the only thing which can help you to move further.
If you will stand out in all three phases then, you will get selected. It’s your presence of mind that will help you completely. Once you will clear the complete process, you will be asked to submit your documents and if you are having your Aadhar card or voter id card with you then, things will become much easier for you. If you will have Aadhaar card then, it will serve the purpose of address proof as well as identification proof. you need not to carry bundle of documents with you for your verification. So be cool and calm and crack SSB with confidence.
Author: Gaurav Agarwal as Blogger by Profession.