The screening test is the very first stage of the SSB schedule where candidates have to survive to continue to appear in further tests. The tests are very short and the result is declared in a few hours.
NDA, CDS, AFCAT batches face a smaller crowd while TGC, SSC etc. has a mammoth number of candidates in the screening test. It is hard to perform in a crowd. So we are here with some tips and tricks to perform better in the crowd and get through the test.
- Stick to the PPDT, V-NV instruction – SSB crew has some tricks to fragment out candidate who have learnt blindly and those who have practiced wisely. While the officer speaks out the instruction, candidates must concentrate over them and follow them. Some basic mistakes that candidates normally make, are drawing wrong structures in PPDT, filling wrong info in V-NV tests etc.
- Avoid cheating while attempting Verbal non-verbal – Verbal, non-verbal tests (V-NV) are the simple test and the most interesting tests. The booklets are already filled by past candidates and generally candidates follow them. Avoid following those answers. Solve them personally. The questions are very easy and can be solved in a given time. Remember, it is not any competitive test. It is just a test to check your basic aptitude.
- Fill in the title, character box compulsorily – Apart from story writing, title and filling up the character structures in the box are also an essential part of PPDT. The basic trick to attempt this part is. – Firstly fill in the characters in the structures as directed by the officer, the start writing the story, ones you get the direction of the story, filling the title before losing time.
- Narrate story confidently – Narration is the most important part of PPDT. During discussion, several voices raises, increasing the confidence while in narration, a single person has to narrate eyeing the other candidates. This need prior practice. Some basic rule here to know are keeping the story short and straight, don’t see a particular person, keep watching people around, introductory lines must be narrated as per instructed by the officer.
- Discuss rather than shouting – Discussion also needs patience. Now a day it is generally seen that the discussion is conducted by bifurcating the group into two parts to avoid amalgamation of idea and themes. This subgroup consist of 6-9 candidates. Every candidate can sufficiently speak out his views. So have patience, avoid dominating the group, maintain the voice and tone, discuss in a candid way.
- Stop imposing your theme, support others – Framing a group story is a tough task. Every mind has a theme revolving inside. But stay calm and make a story that is a mixture of good ideas of candidates rather than discussing and describing your theme. A perfect story is that which has best themes framed and garnished with new and improved ideas.
- Stop discussing useless things – Don’t indulge in discussing basic thing or useless things like number of characters, mood sex etc. this need to be concluded in a fraction of time. Jump to theme and body of the story as fast as possible. Take initiative and drive the discussion out of these time wasting points.
For best SSB Interview Preparation, get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” from Amazon.
Conclusions: All the points stated above concludes and gives the result that screening tests need a bit patience, expertise in speaking, confidence is compulsory and some basic skills. It takes a few minutes to speak and win the screening race. It depends on you to get selected. Just follow what you are told to do.