The Indian Air Force calls for male and female candidates for the Meteorological department under non-technical Ground Duty. The opportunity is served to the post graduate candidates having degree in certain subjects. The entry is direct entry and is for both male and female candidates. Certain eligibility parameters have been framed for the entry, which are as follows.
Batch and Course number
- Permanent Commission – 202/18G/ PC/M is only for male candidates. The candidate can serve in the organization till the age of superannuation.
- Short Service Commission – 202/18G/ SSC/M & W is for both male and female candidates. The candidates have to serve 10 years in the organization and then 4 years extension will be given to them on the basis of their willingness, eligibility for certain services and vacancies.
Education Qualification – The candidates having a post graduate degree in any subject of Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / geophysics / Environmental Biology having minimum 50% marks in aggregate in post-graduation. The candidates must have Maths and Physics in graduation with minimum55% marks in both the subjects. Final year candidates can also apply for it only if they fulfill following conditions:-
- They must not have any backlogs and must have scored 50% marks in aggregate till their last semester.
- They have to produce their Provisional Certificate or Degree Certificate before 15 November 2017.
Age Limit – The age of the candidate must fall between 2 January 1992 to 1 January 1998 including both the mentioned dates.
How To Apply –
- Visit careerairforce.nic.in
- Click of candidate login
- Register yourself, fill up the details and upload the photo and signatures of mentioned dimensions and size.
- Check the application form correctly and submit the application form.
- Take a printout of it for future use.
- The eligible candidates, who successfully apply for the entry, will be called for the testing at any of the AFSB situated in Mysore, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Varanasi an Kanchanapara (for airmen).
- The candidates will have to undergo stage 1 (screening) and stage 2 (Psychology, GTO, Interview) testing.
- Those who clear stage 1, will be staying for stage 2 testing for next 5 days and those who could not make it in stage 1 will be set free to go back.
- Candidates who will get recommendation in stage 2 will be sent for documentation.
- The medical examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru as per the recommendation at AFSB centers.
- The candidates, who have refractive error in eye sight beyond the range of hypermetropia +3.5 D, myopia -3.5 D and astigmatism ±2.5D are not eligible.
- The minimum height as per the eligibility criteria for men is 5cms. While for women, the height is 152 cms. For candidates belonging to north eastern states, Gorkhas, Garwalis or Kumauns, the acceptable height can be 5 cms less. For candidates belonging to Lakshadweep, the minimum height will be 2 cms less than the above mentioned height for men.
- The weight has to be proportionate to the height as per the medical standards of the Indian Air Force.
Dates Of Submission Of Application Form – The eligible candidates can apply for the entry and submit their forms in between 21 January – 17 February 2017.
Points to Remember
- Candidate must keep their e-mail Id active throughout the selection process.
- Candidates under the age of 25 should not be married. Married candidates above 25 years are allowed, but they will not be provided any married accommodation during training period.
- Candidate having any criminal record, debarred by Ministry of Defense from holding any type of commission or suspended from any defense academies on disciplinary basis will not be eligible for the entry.
- PAN card is mandatory for joining the Air Force Academy and the candidate must produce legitimate proof declaring the name and date of birth.