Want to join the Indian Airforce as a sportsman entry, here is the biggest opportunity for you to join the Indian airforce as an airman and also play for your country. Indian Air Force invites application from UNMARRIED OUTSTANDING SPORTSMEN (only MALE Indian citizens) for selection as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ trades in following sports discipline:- (a) Athletics (b) Basketball (c) Boxing (d) Golf (e) Cricket (f) Cycling (g) Fencing (h) Football (j) Gymnastics (k) Hockey (l) Handball (m) Kabaddi (n) Lawn Tennis (o) Swimming (p) Volleyball (q) Water Polo (r) Wrestling (s) Weight Lifting (t) Squash. Indian air force recruitment sports quota.
Notification: RECRUITMENT OF SPORTSMEN IN INDIAN AIR FORCE DIRECT RECRUITMENT OF UNMARRIED OUTSTANDING SPORTSMEN IN INDIAN AIR FORCE IN GROUP ‘Y’ TRADES
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION: Passed 10+2 or Equivalent examination in any stream / subjects approved by Central/State Boards of education. Education Boards listed in Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website as members, as on last date of submission of application, will only be permitted.
SPORTS ACHIEVEMENTS :
- Individual should have represented the country in Junior/Senior International meets in any of the above mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- Individual should have attained the minimum standard of fifth place in the Junior National Championship, represented the State/Units in Senior National Championships or Inter University Championship in above mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
- In team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior National Championship and National School Tournament conducted by School Games Federation of India (SGFI) in above mentioned sports discipline. The current achievement would be given preference during selection trials.
Note: Candidates represented International/National level and achieved position but not possessing 10+2 educational qualification may also apply. However, candidature of such candidates will be subject to verification of sports credentials & performance during selection trials. Relaxation of educational qualification (Not Below Matric) will be considered on case to case basis for eligible candidates.
Date of Birth Block: Candidates should be born between 07 July 1997 to 27 June 2001 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit of date of enrolment is 21 years. Note: Age relaxation (not below 16 years and not exceeding 25 years of age) would be considered in exceptional cases on case to case basis, based on the level of achievement in National/International sports events, exhibits potential for future sporting career and interested in joining IAF.
- Selection Trials: Eligible candidates will be sent call letters for selection trials. The date and venue will be mentioned in call letter.
- Selection trials will be conducted in following phases:-
- (a) Physical Fitness Test (PFT): (i) PFT I – PFT I consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 6 minutes 30 seconds for the candidates up to 25 years of age. Candidates are advised to bring their sports kit / playing kit / sports shoes and shorts. (ii) PFT II – Candidates who qualify PFT I test will undergo PFT II that comprises of the following:
- Only PFT pass candidates would be called for sports skill trials.
- Candidates who qualify in PFT and selection trials for the game applied for will be called for medical fitness test conducted by the Air Force Medical team as IAF medical standards.
- Those who are declared medically fit by the medical would be enrolled in IAF in Gp ‘Y’ trade as an outstanding sportsman
Preparation Books for SSB: