Indian army has published the notification of Remount Veterinary Corps for the short service commission in 2018. Interested candidates can read the details information and apply for the short service commission (SSC) in remount veterinary corps of the Indian army.
What is remount veterinary corps of Indian army?
- The Remount and Veterinary Corps is an administrative and operational branch of the Indian Army, and one of its oldest formations. It is responsible for breeding, rearing and training of all animals used in the army.
Notification: Applications are invited from qualified male veterinary graduates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Remount Veterinary Corps of Indian Army as per the terms and conditions described below:
- Notification Date: Will be published soon on joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Last Date: 04 Sep 2018
- Age Limit. 21-32 years as on the last date of submission of application i.e 04 Sep 2018.
- Minimum Educational Qualification. BVSc/BVSc & AH degree from any of the recognized Indian University or its equivalent foreign degree (i.e. the candidate must possess recognized veterinary qualification included in the first or second schedule of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984).
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
Note: BVSc/BVSc & AH degree graduates, granted SSC in RVC will be considered for grant of permanent commission, only if they are below 30 years of age on the date of grant of SSC and if they qualify in the departmental permanent commission (PC) Test within 08 years of service. They may take two attempts after completion of 02 years of service and before completion of 04 years of service. They will be eligible to take the third attempt any time during the extended tenure of their service i.e after completion of 05 years of service and before completion of 08 years of service, subject to exercise of option for third attempt before completion of their 05th year of initial contractual service. Likewise, MVSc and Doctorate degree holder will be considered for grant of permanent commission, only, if they are below 32 & 34 years of age respectively on the date of grant of SSC and if they qualify in the Departmental PC Test within 08 years of service.
Remount Veterinary Corps Selection Procedure
- Short listing of applications and SSB Interview. Initial screening and short listing of applications will be done at Directorate General Remount Veterinary Service, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) before forwarding them to Recruiting Directorate, IHQ of MoD (Army). Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear for the Service Selection Board on a specified date.
- Two stage selection procedure. On arrival at the selection centre, the candidates undergo Stage 1 of the “Two Stage Testing Procedure”. Candidates failing in Stage I, will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detailed to undergo Group Test, Psychological Test and Interview which will extend for a duration of 05 days. Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be inducted for training in the order of merit depending upon the number of vacancies available.
- Merit list. It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at SSB’s and as such higher educational qualifications, previous performances have no role to play. Those high in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies and also medically fit are issued joining instructions.
TRAINING, TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICE
- Grant of Commission. Candidate will be commissioned in the rank of Captain.
- Training. Post commission training at RVC Centre & College, Meerut Cantt.
- Ante-date seniority. 12 months/24 months ante-date seniority will be granted to candidates holding postgraduate/doctorate degree respectively in any discipline
of veterinary science from a recognized university, recognized by VCI in India/abroad, prior to their commissioning in the Remount Veterinary Corps. The candidates must hold PG/PhD degree on the date of commissioning for availing antedate seniority.
- Suitability for retention of Commission. If an officer is found unsuitable within 01 years of the grant of the commission, his commission may be terminated at any time before the contractual period of service for five years.
- Promotion. Promotion up to the rank of Major while in SSC and thereafter, if granted PC, up to Colonel (TS) is time bound.
- Tenure of engagement. All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfillment of other conditions. The period of five years may further be extended for another five years subject to their performance.
- Pay, allowances and other benefits. Scales of inputs on 7th pay commission will be implemented in due course. Additional benefits like concessional accommodation, free ration for self only, free medical facilities for self and family, LTC, 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave, canteen facilities and group insurance cover are also admissible.
Official notification will be published soon
SSB Interview Preparation Material [ 100% Recommended]