Aspirants who want to join the Indian Airforce under sports quota can apply for the latest notification of IAF sportsmen recruitment for 1/2019 intake. Indian Air Force offers opportunities for UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN/ NEPALESE CITIZENS to join as Outstanding Sportsmen. The Selection Trials for Recruitment in Group ‘Y’ (Non-Technical Trades) will be held at Delhi and NCR in following Sports Disciplines.
- Lawn Tennis
- Water Polo
- Weight Lifting
Note: Candidates represented International/National level and achieved position but not possessing 10+2 educational qualification may also apply. However, candidature of such candidates will be subject to verification of sports credentials & performance during selection trials. Relaxation of educational qualification (Not Below Matric) will be considered on case to case basis for eligible candidates.
Age Limit: Candidates should be born between 13 January 1998 to 02 January 2002 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit of date of enrolment is 21 years.
Current Affairs eBooks
- Current Affairs Sep 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Aug 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs July 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs June 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs May 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs April 2018 eBook
- Verification of Eligibility. Original Educational Certificates (10th passing Certificate and 12th passing Certificate & Marks Sheets) and other required applicable original documents like Discharge Certificate (if discharged from Army/Navy/Government organisation), Consent Form (signed by parents if candidate below 18 years of age) and passport size colour photographs shall be required and scrutinized/verified at the Trials venue prior to commencement of Physical Fitness Test to ascertain the eligibility prima-facie. Detailed verification will be carried out later in respect of candidates who pass Physical Fitness Test and subsequently Sports Specific Selection Trials. Candidature of those who do not meet the laid down educational criteria shall be rejected during Initial verification of original certificates & mark sheets prior to conduct of Physical Fitness Test and also during detailed verification on clearing the Physical Fitness Test as well as Sports Specific Selection Trials.
Selection Trials shall be conducted in the following phases:
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Sports Skill Trials
The Physical Fitness Test for Group ‘Y’ Trade is very rigorous comprising of Run, Chin-ups, Push-ups and Bent-Knee Sit-ups and Trials in their respective Discipline. Candidates are therefore advised to come prepared.