Candidates who want to become an officer in the Indian navy can grab the opportunity now. Indian navy is going to publish the executive and technical branch notification on 12 Jan 2019 and it will be open till 01 Feb 2019, eligible candidates can apply for this entry, if shortlisted, they will attend the SSB interview directly. Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Permanent Commission in Executive Branch [Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC)] and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch viz. General Service/Hydro and Technical Branch (General Service) in the Indian Navy for Jan 2020 Course conducted at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: Born between 02 Jan 1995 & 01 Jul 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications:
- Who Can Apply Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course in any of the undermentioned disciplines from a AICTE recognised educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
- * 27 vacancies for General Services and three vacancies for Hydro cadre.
- Call up for SSB Candidates will be issued Call Up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their academic performance till 5th/7th semester for all eligible regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum %age on Joining INA The candidates will, however be required to pass final examination (BE/BTech) with minimum 60% before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
Note: – (i) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate. (ii) Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention their preference in the application. (iii) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. (iv) However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate Branch/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that Branch/Cadre. (v) Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre, subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for that Branch/Cadre only. (vi) Candidates for Technical Branch mentioned above at Ser. No. 3(a)(iii) & 3(a) (iv) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialization/appointed as Air Technical Officer by IHQ MoD (Navy). (vii) No equivalent stream of BE/ B.Tech other than that mentioned in para 3 above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
- Executive Branch (General Service/Hydro): Short Service Commission in Executive Branches (General Service/Hydro) is granted initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility and willingness of candidates. Officers joining under these schemes will not be eligible for grant of permanent commission subsequently.
- Technical Branch (General Service): Short Service Commission in Technical branch is granted initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility and willingness of candidates.
Selection Procedure The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata during Apr 19 – Jul 19. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
(b) SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
(c) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
(d) Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
(e) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD (N) at SMS/email (provided by candidate in their application).
(f) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
(g) AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Their training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2020 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Officer of Tech (GS) & NAIC will undergo 22 Weeks Naval Orientation Course and Officer of Executive GS(X)/Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training. The training duration may get reduced as per service requirements.
Candidates are to register and fill application on recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 12 Jan 19 to 01 Feb 19.
Read official Notification – Indian Navy 2019
IMPORTANT – Download eBooks for SSB Interview Preparations
- Thematic Apperception Test – TAT
- Lecturette Topics Part-1 eBook [100 Topics]
- Word Association Test – WAT
- Situation Reaction Test – SRT
- Officers Intelligence Test – OIR
- Current Affairs for All
Defence Exams and Interview Books: