CDS 1 2019 GK Question Paper Solved Answers [All Sets]: Candidates who have attempted the CDS 1 2019 exam on 03 Feb 2019 and others who are preparing for the upcoming CDS 2 2019 exam can download the CDS 1 2019 full solved GK papers. This for from the GK Set A but the question on all the sets i.e. Set A, Set B, Set C, and Set D are same, candidates who want to check their marks in CDS 1 2019 GK can refer to this CDS 1 2019 GK Solved Question Paper. With this question paper, you can check CDS 1 2019 GK Answer Keys for all the sets.
Below are a few solved questions from CDS 1 2019 English Paper, you can download the full paper from the link given at the bottom.
Henry T. Colebrooke was a Professor of Sanskrit in which one of the following institutions?
- a) Fort William College
- b) Serampore Mission
- c) Kashi Vidyapith
- d) Asiatic Society
The Deccan Agriculturalists ‘Relief Act of 1879 was enacted with which one of the following objectives?
- a) Restore lands to the dispossessed peasants
- b) Ensure financial assistance to peasants during social and religious occasions
- c) Restrict the sale of land for indebtedness to outsiders
- d) Give legal aid to insolvent peasants
The Damin-i-Koh was created by the British Government to settle which one of the following communities?
- a) Santals
- b) Mundas
- c) Oraons
- d) Saoras
The Limitation Law, which passed by the British in 1859, addressed which one of the following issues?
- a) Loan bonds would not have any legal validity
- b) Loan bonds signed between money lender and Ryots would have validity only for three years
- c) Loan bonds could not be executed by moneylenders
- d) Loan bonds would have validity for ten years
Who among the following was known during the days of the Revolt of 1857 as ‘Danka Shah’?
- a) Shah Mal
- b) Maulavi Ahmadullah Shah
- c) Nana Sahib
- d) Tantia Tope
The Summary Settlement of 1856 was based on which one of the following assumptions?
- a) The Talukdars were the rightful owners of the land
- b) The Talukdars were interlopers with no permanent stakes in the land.
- c) The Talukdars could evict the peasants from the lands
- d) The Talukdars would take a portion of the revenue which flowed to the State
The Inter State Council was set up in 1990 on the recommendation of
- a) Punchhi Commission
- b) Sarkaria Commission
- c) Rajamannar Commission
- d) Mungerilal Commission
Which among the following writs is issued to quash the order of a Court or Tribunal?
- a) Mandamus
- b) Prohibition
- c) Quo Warranto
- d) Certiorari
Which among the following statements about the power to change the basic structure of the Constitution of India is/are correct?
1. It falls outside the scope of the amending powers of the Parliament.
2. It can be exercised by the people though representatives in a Constituent Assembly.
3. It falls within the constituent powers of the Parliament.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
- a) 1 and 3
- b) 1 and 2
- c) 1 only
- d) 2 and 3
When a Proclamation of Emergency is in operation, the right to move a Court for the enforcement of all Fundamental Rights remains suspended, except
- a) Article 20 and Article 21
- b) Article 21 and Article 22
- c) Article 19 and Article 20
- d) Article 15 and Article 16
Which one of the following Articles of the Constituent of India down that no citizen can be denied the use of wells, tanks and bathing Ghats maintained out of State funds?
- a) Article 14
- b) Article 15
- c) Article 16
- d) Article 17
Who amongst the following organized the All India Scheduled Castes Federation?
- a) Jyotiba Phule
- b) Periyar
- c) B.R. Ambedkar
- d) M.K. Karunanidhi
Paul Allen, who died in October 2018, was the co-founder of
- a) Oracle
- b) IBM
- c) Microsoft
- d) SAP
The mobile app ‘cVIGIL’ is helpful in
- a) conducting free and fair e-tendering process in government offices
- b) fighting against corruption in public services
- c) removing garbage from the municipal areas
- d) reporting violation of model code of conduct in election bound States
- a) a battle tank
- b) a surface-to-surface missile
- c) an aircraft carrier
- d) a submarine
Who among the following is/are the recipient/recipients of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, 2018?
- a) Virat Kohli
- b) S.Mirabai Chanu and Virat Kohli
- c) Neeraj Chopra
- d) Hima Das and Neeraj Chopra
Pakyong Airport is located in
- a) Sikkim
- b) Jammu and Kashmir
- c) Arunachal Pradesh
- d) Mizoram
The United Nations has been observing International Day of Rural Women on
- a) 15th July
- b) 15th August
- c) 15th September
- d) 15th October
Who among the following is the first Indian to win Pulitzer Prize?
- a) Arundhati Roy
- b) Gobind Behari Lal
- c) Vijay Seshadri
- d) Jhumpa Lahiri
Saurabh Chaudhary excels in which one of the following sports?
- a) Archery
- b) Shooting
- c) Boxing
- d) Judo
Which one of the following is not an assumption in the law of demand?
- a) There are no changes in the taste and preferences of consumers
- b) Income of consumers remains constant
- c) Consumers are affected by demonstration effect
- d) There are no changes in the price of substitute goods.
Which one of the following statements is not correct?
- a) When total utility is maximum, marginal utility is zero
- b) When total utility is decreasing, marginal utility is negative
- c) When total utility is increasing, marginal utility is positive
- d) When total utility is maximum, marginal and average utility are equal to each other.
Consider the following statements about indifference curves :
1. Indifference curves are convex to the origin.
2. Higher indifference curve represents higher level of satisfaction.
3. Two indifference curves cut each other.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- a) 1 only
- b) 1 and 2
- c) 2 and 3
- d) 3 only
Consider the following statements about a joint-stock company :
1. It has a legal existence.
2. There is limited liability of shareholders.
3. It has a democratic management.
4. It has a collective ownership.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- a) 1 and 2 only
- b) 1, 2 and 3 only
- c) 3 and 4 only
- d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
When some goods or productive factors are completely fixed in amount, regardless of price, the supply curve is
- a) horizontal
- b) downward sloping to the right
- c) vertical
- d) upward sloping to the right
Who designed the Bombay Secretariat in the 1870s?
- a) H.St. Clair Wilkins
- b) Sir Cowasjee Jehangir Readymoney
- c) Purushottamdas Thakurdas
- d) Nusserwanji Tata
Who was the founder of Mahakali Pathshala in Calcutta?
- a) Her Holiness Mataji Maharani Tapaswini
- b) Sister Nivedita
- c) Madame Blavatsky
- d) Sarojini Naidu
Which European ruler had observed ‘Bear in mind that the commerce of India is the commerce of the world …. he who can exclusively command it is the dictator of Europe?
- a) Queen Victoria
- b) Peter the Great of Russia
- c) Napoleon Bonaparte
- d) Gustav II Adolf
Which European traveler had observed, “A Hindu woman can go anywhere alone, even in the most crowded places, and she need never fear the impertinent looks and jokes of idle loungers”?
- a) Francois Bernier
- b) Jean-Baptiste Tavernier
- c) Thomas Roe
- d) Abbe J.A. Dubois
Who was the author of the book, Plagues and and Peoples?
- a) W.L. Thomas
- b) Rachel Carson
- c) David Cannadine
- d) William H.McNeill
Which Indian social theorist had argued that the idea of a homogenized the ‘cultural arrogance of post-enlightenment Europe’?
- a) Ashis Nandy
- b) Partha Chatterjee
- c) T.K.Oommen
- d) Rajni Kothari
Sub-prime crisis’ is a term associated with which one of the following events?
- a) Economic recession
- b) Political instability
- c) Structural adjustment programmes
- d) Growing social inequality
Which one of the following is not a change brought about by the Indian Independence Act of 1947?
- a) The Government of India Act, 1935 was amended to provide an interim Constitution
- b) India ceased to be a dependency
- c) The Crown was the source of authority till new Constitution was framed
- d) The Governor General was the constitutional head of Indian Dominion
Which one of the following is not a correct statement regarding the provision of Legislative Council in the State Legislature?
- a) The States of Bihar and Telangana have Legislative Councils
- b) The total number of members in the Legislative Council of a State shall not exceed one third of the total number of members in the Lesislative Assembly
- c) One twelfth of all members shall be elected by electorates consisting of local bodies and authorities
- d) One twelfth of all members shall be elected by graduates residing in the State
Which one of the following is not correct about the Panchayats as laid down in Part IX of the Constitution of India?
- a) The Chairperson of a Panchayat needs to be directly by people in order to exercise the right to vote in the Panchayat meetings.
- b) The State Legislature has the right to decide whether or not offices of the Chairpersons in the Panchayats are reserved for SCs, Sts or women.
- c) Unless dissoved earlier, every Panchayat continues for a period of fiver years.
- d) The State Legislature may by law make provisions for audit of accounts of the Panchayats.
Which one for the following is not correct about Administrative Tribunals?
- a) The Parliament may by law constitute Administrative Tribunals both at the Union and State levels
- b) Tribunals may look into disputes and complaints with respect to recruitment and conditions of service of persons appointed to public services.
- c) Tribunals established by a law of the Parliament can exclude the jurisdiction of all Courts to allow for special leave to appeal.
- d) The law establishing the Tribunals may provide for procedures including rules of evidence to be followed.
A market situation when firms sell similar but not identical products is termed as
- a) perfect competition
- b) imperfect competition
- c) monopolistic competition
- d) oligopoly
Consider the following statements :
1. Inflation in India continued to be moderate during 2017-18
2. There was a significant reduction in food inflation, particularly pulses and vegetables during the period.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- a) 1 only
- b) 2 only
- c) Both 1 and 2
- d) Neither 1 nor 2
Which one of the following hypotheses postulate that individual’s consumption in any time period depends upon resources available to the individual, rate of return on his capital and age of the individual?
- a) Absolute Income Hypothesis
- b) Relative Income Hypothesis
- c) Life Cycle Hypothesis
- d) Permanent Income Hypothesis
According to John Maynard Keynes, employment depends upon
- a) aggregate demand
- b) aggregate supply
- c) effective demand
- d) rate of interest