Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. Course will commence in Apr 2020 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- For SSC(Tech)- 54 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 25 Women. 20 to 27 years as on 01 Apr 2020 (Candidates born between 02 Apr 93 and 01 Apr 2000, both days inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Apr 2020.
Educational Qualification for SSC(Tech)(Men and Women)
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Apr 2020 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid.
Important Note: Candidates must note that for induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below at Para 3. To become eligible for induction into SSC(Tech)-54 (Men) and SSC(Tech)-25 (Women) course at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, candidates studying in final year of engineering must ensure that he/she submits the proof of passing engineering degree exam by 01 Apr 2020 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his/her candidature will be cancelled.
Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness (i) SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline. (ii) SSCW(Tech). BE/B Tech in any Engineering stream.
Important Note: Candidate studying in final year of Degree must ensure that he/she submits the proof of passing Degree exam by 01 Apr 2020 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which her candidature will be cancelled.
Vacancies: Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
For SSC(Tech)-54 Men and SSCW(Tech)-25
For Widows of Defence Personnel only
- SSC(W) (Non Tech) (Non UPSC) 01
- Graduate in any stream SSC(W) Tech 01 B.E/B.Tech in any tech stream
A candidate is permitted to apply for only one entry /discipline of the above courses. Change of Entry or qualification choice will not be entertained at any stage of selection process.
Type of Commission
- Grant of Commission. Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Confirmation of Short Service Commission. On successful completion of Pre Commission training at OTA, officer will be confirmed Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority. One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- No Ante Date Seniority for widows of Defence Personnel for SSC(NT). Widows of Defence Personnel selected for SSCW (NT) entry will be granted Short Service Commission in the rank of Lieutenant but will NOT be entitled to any ante date seniority.