Candidates who are interested to join the Indian navy as a sportsman can apply for the sailor sports quota entry for 01 2020 batch. Outstanding sportsmen who have participated at International / Junior or Senior National Championship / Senior State Championship/ All India Inter University Championship in Athletics, Aquatics, Basket-ball, Boxing, Cricket, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Squash, ,Best Physique, Fencing, Golf, Tennis, Kayaking & Canoeing, Rowing, Shooting, Sailing & Wind Surfing.
(a) Direct Entry Petty Officer: Educational Qualifications. 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Team Games. Should have participated at International /National/State level at junior /senior level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Individual Events. Should have attained a minimum of 6th position in Nationals (seniors) or 3rd position in National (juniors) or 3rd position in the Inter University meets.
- Age: 17 to 22 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1997 to 31 Jul 2002 (Both dates inclusive)
(b) Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR): Educational Qualifications. 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Age: 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1998 to 31 Jul 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
(c) Matric Recruits (MR): Educational Qualifications. 10th /equivalent qualified.
- Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level tournament.
- Age: 17 to 21 years as on date of commencement of course. Candidates should have been born between 01 Oct 1998 to 30 Sep 2002 (Both dates inclusive)
Pay & Allowances: During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹43,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
SELECTION CRITERIA : Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centers. The candidates qualifying trials will undergo medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai. The offer of enrolment will be forwarded to the selected candidates only, which will be strictly determined by requirement in particular sports disciplines and availability of vacancies. Request for change of venue of selection trials will not be entertained. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION INDIAN NAVY SPORTS
HOW TO APPLY
- Application Form: The application is to be submitted on A4 size paper only as per the given format. Only one application form is to be forwarded. Candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be disqualified. Forms can also be downloaded from Internet: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Envelops. The type of entry, sports discipline with achievements is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour. Example: Ag.PO/SSR/MR/NMR 02/2019 KABBADI – NATIONAL LEVEL
- List of Documents. The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application.
- Photographs. Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application with their name and signature on the reverse of the photograph. THE BACKGROUND OF THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE BLUE. Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected. Computer generated/ digital photographs will not be accepted.
How to apply for inet exam 2021