Several Sections of Maharasthra have been flooded due to excessive rains. NDRF teams have been deployed to conduct rescue operations in the waterlogged areas
- 1260 people have been rescued from the Kolhapur district of Maharashtra by the National Disaster Response Force on Tuesday.
- NDRF rescue operations were carried out in the Ambewadi, Chikhli and Shirol villages of the Kolhapur district.
- The NDRF rescue teams were seen wading through knee-deep water to carry out their relief operations.
- The Defence Services have also been called to support the rescue operations
- Maharastra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has called for a cabinet meeting today to review the flood situation in his state.