Engineering graduates who are willing to join the Indian army as an officer can apply for the TGC 131 technical entry from 16 Oct 2019 onwards. Applications are invited from unmarried Male Engineering Graduates for 131st Technical Graduate Course (commencing in Jul 2020 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun) for permanent commission in the Indian Army.
- Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iii) a subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will attach such certificate along with the application.
- Age Limit: 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jul 2020. (Candidates born between 02 Jul 1993 and 01 Jul 2000, both dates inclusive). Note. The date of birth entered in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination certificate or an equivalent examination certificate only is accepted by this office. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification for Applying: Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. The candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jul 2020 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid.
Important Note: Candidates must note that for induction to Pre Commission Training Academy, after final selection, the minimum educational qualification is passing BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams as notified below at Para 3. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into TGC-131 course at IMA, Dehradun, candidates studying in final year of engineering must ensure that he submits the proof of his passing Engg degree exam by 01 Jul 2020 to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his candidature will be cancelled.
TGC 131 Vacancies
Note 1. These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on organizational requirements.
Note 2. Recommended candidates of TGC-131st course (Jul 2020) whose merit is not within the number of allotted vacancies of respective Engineering streams, may be offered to join SSC(Tech) course (Oct 2020), subject to meeting all other eligibility conditions.
Type of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lt.
|TGC 131 notification||16th Oct 2019|
|TGC 131 last date||14th Nov 2019|
|TGC 131 SSB cut off||Jan 2020|
|TGC 131 SSB interview date||Jan-March 2020|
|TGC 131 course date||July 2020|
|TGC SSB Interview Books||Book-1 & Book-2|
|Official Notification||TGC 131|
|SSB Interview Study Pack||Download|
TGC 131 How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’. Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Then click on ‘Submit Now’ only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. Candidates must click ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
TGC 131 Selection Procedure
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained upto 6th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first served basis, upto a specified date as will be intimated on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure at the SSB. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at official website of Dte Gen of Rtg www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination of the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 16 OCT 2019 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 14 NOV 2019 AT 1200 HRS.