NDA Physical and Medical Standards are mentioned in the UPSC NDA notification. Girls who are preparing for the NDA Exam and SSB Interview must fulfill all the medical criteria listed below. Girls who will clear the NDA SSB Interview have to go for a medical examination, in the case of female candidates some special tests are done, and based on that candidates are declared as medical fit or unfit. All the physical and medical conditions listed there have to be fulfilled by the candidates.
UPSC NDA Medical Standards for Female Candidates
If you are female defence aspirants and looking forward to joining the National Defence Academy, you must be medically fit. In this article, we are going to talk about the medical test for NDA for female candidates. General methods and principles of medical examination of female candidates will be the same as for male candidates. However, special points pertaining to the Medical Examination of female candidates are given in succeeding paragraphs.
Special Medical Tests for NDA Girl Candidates
- A detailed menstrual, gynecological and obstetric history in the form of a questionnaire is to be obtained from the candidate.
- A detailed physical and systemic examination will be carried out of the candidate and she should be examined by a Lady Medical Officer or a Lady Gynecologist only.
How to Prepare for NDA Exam and SSB Interview?
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
- Join NDA Exam Online Coaching
The examination must include the following inspections:
- External genitalia.
- Hernial orifices and the perineum.
- Any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapsed outside introitus.
- Evidence of lump breast and galactorrhoea.
In all unmarried female candidates, speculum or per vaginal examination will not be carried out. Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis is mandatory in all female candidates during the initial Medical Examination.
Any abnormality of external genitalia will be considered on merits of each case. Significant hirsutism especially with male pattern of hair growth along with radiological evidence of PCOS, will be a cause for rejection.
NDA Girls Medical Unfit Reasons:
- Primary or secondary amenorrhoea
- Severe Menorrhagia or/ and severe dysmenorrhea.
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Congenital elongation of cervix or prolapsed which comes outside the introitus even after corrective surgery.
- Pregnancy will be a cause of rejection for NDA entry.
- Complex ovarian cyst of any size.
- Simple ovarian cyst more than six cm.
- Endometriosis and Adenomyosis.
- Submucous fibroid of any size.
- Broad ligament or cervical fibroid of any size causing pressure over ureter.
- Single fibroid uterus more than three cm in diameter; fibroids more than two in number (each fibroid not more than fifteen mm in diameter) or fibroids causing distortion of endometrial cavity.
- Congenital uterine anomalies except arcuate uterus.
- Acute or chronic pelvic infection.
- Disorders of sexual differentiation.
- Any other condition will be considered on merits of each case by the Gynaecologist.
The following conditions will be declared as FIT:
- Unilocular clear ovarian cyst up to six cm.
- (b) Minimal fluid in pouch of Douglas.
Medical fitness after laparoscopic surgery or laparotomy. Candidates reporting after undergoing cystectomy or myomectomy will be accepted as fit if she is asymptomatic, ultrasound pelvis is normal, histopathology of tissues removed is benign and per operative findings are not suggestive of endometriosis. Fitness will be considered twelve weeks after laparoscopic surgery and when the wound has healed fully. Candidate will be considered FIT after laprotomy one year after the surgical procedure.
To be deemed ‘Medically fit’, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/syndrome/disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of military duties in any terrain, climate, season incl sea and air, in remote areas, in austere conditions with no medical aid. Candidate also should be free of medical conditions which require frequent visit to medical facilities and use of any aid / drugs.
NDA Exam Coaching Study Material