UPDATE: Indian Army published the JAG 31 i.e. Judge Advocate General 31st Course notification on 18th January 2023. Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for the Judge Advocate General Branch.
All male and female law graduates who are eligible for this entry can apply for this special entry. Find more details related to the 31st Short Service Commission JAG Entry Scheme Course (Men and Women) October 2023 course for law graduates.
Indian army’s official career website published the JAG Course 31 Notification on 18th January 2023 and registration are openend from 18th January 2023 onward, the last date to apply for the JAG 31 is 16th Feb 2023. JAG 31st course JAG entry 2023 (Judge Advocate General Branch) will commence in October 2023 at OTA Chennai. It is a special entry for male and female law graduates to join the JAG branch of the Indian Army.
SSB Interview Study Material: SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
JAG 31 Notification Judge Advocate General Branch
|JAG 31 Events||Dates|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Application Start Date||18 January 2023|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Application Last Date||16 February 2023|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme SSB Date||June-July 2023|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Merit List||August-September 2023|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Joining Date||October 2023|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme SSB Coaching||Join SSB Coaching|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Job Post||Army Officer|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Vacancies||Men -06, Women – 03.|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Salary/ Pay Scale||Rs. 56100/- to 177500/- (Level-10)|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Mode of Apply||Online|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Official Website||joinindianarmy.nic.in|
|JAG 31 Special Entry Scheme Notification PDF||Download PDF|
JAG 31 Notification 2023
Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for the Judge Advocate General Branch.
Nationality: A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, (ii) A subject of Nepal, (iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Judge Advocate General JAG 31 Age Limit
- 21 to 27 years as of 01 July 2023 (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1996 and not later than 01 Jul 2002; both dates inclusive).
Note: Candidates should note that the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
JAG 31 Educational Qualification
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in their LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10 plus 2) examination.
- In addition, the CLAT PG Score of the preceding year is mandatory for all candidates (including LLM qualified and LLM appearing candidates) who apply for courses starting in a particular year. The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Enroll Now: SSB Interview Online Course
JAG 31 Vacancies
- Vacancies. Men -06, Women – 03.
Tenure of Engagement
Short Service Commission will be granted to Male and Female in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Male & Female officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of period of ten years of Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant policies as issued from time to time. Those SSC officers (Male & Female) who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 10 years) on expiry of which they will be released from the Army.
Period of Probation: An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives his/her commission. If he/she is reported on within the probationary period as unsuitable to retain his/her commission, his/her services may be terminated any time whether before or after the expiry of the probationary period.
JAG 31 Training
The duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for Pre-Commission training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application, though successful at the Services Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be eligible for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government.
- All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by University of Madras
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training: ₹ 56,100/-p.m.*
*On successful commissioning, the pay in the Pay Matrix of the Officer commissioned shall be fixed in the first Cell of Level 10. The period of training shall not be treated as commissioned service. Arrears on account of admissible allowances, as applicable, for the training period shall be paid to cadets.
How To Apply For JAG 31
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
JAG 31 Selection Procedure
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email.
- After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially.
- Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB).
- Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only.
- Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and No request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day.
- Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting i.e, www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be issued a joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Short Service Commission (NT) JAG Entry Scheme 31st Course for Men & Women Law Graduates (scheduled in October 2023). Applications are open from 18 January 2023 to 16 February 2023.
Enroll Now: SSB Interview Online Course
Note: Candidates are suggested to wait for the official notification for more details. The above-mentioned details may or may not change. For detailed information visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
NOTE: ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 18 JANUARY 2023 AT 1500 HRS AND CLOSE ON 16 FEBRUARY 2023 AT 1500 HRS.
To crack the Indian Army JAG 31 Entry Course SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.
JAG Entry Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit for the Indian Army JAG 31 Recruitment 2023?
21 to 27 years as of 01 Jul 2023 (Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1996 and not later than 01 Jul2002; both dates inclusive).
Who can apply for the JAG entry?
Unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES can apply for JAG entry.
To Join the Indian Army and crack the SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.