SSB Personal Interview is a good chance for the candidate to create a good impression and shows the ability and dedication to join the force. Also, it’s very crucial so do not try to bluff if you don’t know how to bluff, and always be natural and relaxed because it will be very simple and to the point about your personal life, so try to know yourself better and also know people around you. Always prepare for the Personal Interview before attending SSB Interview because you know the type of question generally asked by the IO. Below are few questions which you may face during your SSB Interview. If you have any doubt please mention them in the comment box.
Always prepare for the PI before attending SSB Interview because you know the type of question generally asked by the IO. Below are few questions which you may face during your SSB Interview. If you have any doubt please mention them in the comment box.
Question In SSB Personal Interviews:
- What is your name, meaning of your name, meaning of other member’s names in your family, compare yourself with them, name of place you come from, currently what are you doing?
- Family: How many members, since when living at the same place, description and sort of relationship with each member, closer to whom, why closer, whom you admire. Compare yourself with any of your brother/s or sister/s. If alone what would you prefer to have an elder/younger brother/sister? Occupation of working members in the family, if you are working what is your job profile, salary etc.
- Education: Institution where you had your education, since when, any achievements, any responsible post held during your education at the institution, represented institution at what levels, subjects you liked most and those you did not like at all, why, teachers you liked most and those which you did not like at all, why (here include the teacher and subject till all these years of education and not only school), name and specialty of institution where studied and a brief description about it namely its location, crowd, cultural and other heritages it carries. What are you currently doing ,what are further options (if not army),why, Why ARMY, since when liked army?
- Friends: What type of friends you like, what type you do not like, where have you gone and where would you like to go with your friends, why are these people your friends, describe your best friend, compare him with you (appearance ,height, texture, thinking, something common in both of you), their hobbies and interests,their way of living life and what do they want to achieve in life.
- Why do you want to join the defense forces, if not defense other options, how did you come to the conclusion that you want to join the forces. Did you try for NDA, why not succeeded? Why not proper efforts were given?
- Your hobbies and interests, how do you pass your time, which task did you find most interesting in psyche and GTO series, which books have you read, why did you not score well enough in 12th as you scored in 10th , NCC knowledge, Scouts, RSP, MCC, etc., knowledge.
- Your life in college, any memories, what is the difference between your friends at Pune and SSB center .If given chance what would you like to change in Pune ( Geographical, economical, agricultural, tourism, traffic etc.) Compare your hometown and hometown friends with friends in Pune and Pune as a place itself. Have you ever come before to the SSB centre previously. Which places did you visit at the SSB place
- Give 5 current national and international political news.
- Give 5 current national and international sports news.
- Some international matters, international organizations, their working procedure and a good knowledge of your specialized subject.
- How would you organize a football match /hike/cycle race/ local festival /trek/swimming competition.
- Why were you weak in some specified sphere, how did you cope up with it.
- Have you taken coaching, why, what sort of?
Tips on how to answer in SSB Personal Interview
- Give examples for any incidences that you are going to explain.
- Speak in relevance to your Self-Description test and PIQ and do not give fakes.
- Speaking is an art, whatever you speak give proper punctuations, gestures and emotions as necessary in your speech.
- Speak clearly and maintain an eye contact.
- Hesitation at the time of answering will cause a bad impression, never tell lies and give a full explanation of your family, friends, education, current life, future scope, and with an example for each.