Indian Air Force will conduct Fast Track Selection (FTS) for Flying and Ground Duty Branch at Delhi on 14 Sep 2013; for short listing of Men and Women candidates for Flying Branch and GDOC/MAT as per the details mentioned below. Training of the finally selected candidates will commence in Jan 2014 at Air Force Academy, Hyderabad.
Fast Track Selection Delhi 2013 Date and Venue
Fast Track Selection 2013 Eligibility
Flying Branch- Course No. 13 SSC (Men) and 42 SSC (Women)
- Age: 19 to 23 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1991 to 01 Jan 1995 (Both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 25 years i.e. Born between 02 Jan 1989 to 01 Jan 1995 (Both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications: Graduate (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE/ B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognised University with minimum 60 % marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
- Age : 20-25 Years as on 01 January 2014 i.e born in between 02 January 1989 to 01 January 1994. The upper age limit is relaxed upto 27 Years (i.e born in between 02 January 1987 to 01 January 1994) for candidates who have completed Ph D after completing following educational qualifications.
- Educational Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
Fast Track Selection Interview Procedure
On the spot registration will take place between 0800 hours to 1100 hours on 14 Sep 2013 as per respective venue. No registration will take place after the specified time and candidates who fail to register their names on the day of registration will not be permitted to appear for selection procedure.
AFCAT: All eligible candidates other than Met Branch will undergo AFCAT at the venue. Result of AFCAT will be declared immediately after the test. All successful candidates will then undergo Phase- I Test (Picture Perception and Discussion Test) either on the same day or on subsequent day(s). All Phase-I qualified
candidates will undergo a detailed document check to ascertain eligibility and thereafter will be issued call letters for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi or Gandhinagar. AFCAT will not be conducted for Met Branch and candidate will undergo Phase-I
Testing after registration.
Documents Required for Fast Track Selection
- Two copies of pre-filled FTS Admit Card (on A4 size paper) as per format given in this advertisement.
- Original certificate and Mark sheet of class X th (as proof of date of birth) and of class XII th.
- Original certificate and mark sheets (all semesters/years) of Graduation.
- Proof of identity such as Passport, Driving Licence, Voter Identity Card, College Identity Card or any other valid photo identity proof.
- Three recent colour passport size photographs.
- SSB recommended candidates who do not feature in the selected merit list for Flying / GDOC Branches may be considered for other branches on case to case basis subject to vacancies and their meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who have failed in PABT at any earlier attempt are not eligible for Flying Branch.
- All candidates would need to submit original/ provisional certificates and mark sheets latest by 15 Dec 2013, failing which the candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Airmen are not eligible to apply through FTS.
- Candidates appearing in FTS should not have any present backlog.
- Candidates appearing for Flying Branch only will be routed back without further testing, if failed in PABT.