Screening or Stage one testing is the first step towards achieving your aim but 60% candidates do not make it to next stage. All candidates are familiar with this because everyone has to face this. If we obtain the feedback on screening test, we will get very vague answers from candidates as none of them is sure how he got through or failed. If we analyze the trend invariably you will find majority of candidates do not pay attention towards preparation for screening test and in the end, they blame the group as he was not given opportunity to speak during the discussion.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal test – Individual Level
- Picture Perception Test – individual Level
- Story Narration – Individual Level
- Group Discussion – Individual Performance in a Group
- Verbal and Non-verbal Test – This test is conducted to calculate your IQ level in numerical form which is important not only for your screening but plays important role in stage two testing as well. Most of the questions are basic in nature. First step identify the types of questions you will come across, thereafter, practice to identify your problem area. After identifying your problem area you must overcome your problem so that you score best IQ rating. Secondly speed is the key issue practice as many test consisting 40 to 50 questions to improve your speed. Generally you get half the time of total no. questions. Lastly there is no negative marking. Scoring good rating will have good impact on interview and psych test performance.
- Picture perception Test – This test can be prepared along with TAT the stage two test as there is no difference in story writing between screen and stage two except the initial part wherein you have to describe theme and no. of characters.
- Narration of Story – Once you complete your picture perception you must read what you have written and when you go out must practice for narration part so that you do not miss out anything important and confidence is the key issue while narrating it and make eye contact with group members.
- Group Discussion – After narrating your story, you must pay due attention to other’s stories and identify the few good ones. During discussion you have to give ideas towards achievement of group aim, appreciate other’s view rather appreciate your own story. Speak sense and if get a chance narrate group common story. Dress up properly.