Applications are invited from unmarried Men/Women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in Executive Branch (General Services/Hydro Cadre/IT) and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy for June 2015 Course at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: The candidates applying for the above entries must be aged between 19½ and 25 years i.e. the candidate must be born between 02 Jul 1990 and on 01 Jan 1996, both dates inclusive.
- Educational Qualifications. Candidates must have completed BE/B. Tech Degree with minimum 65% marks in aggregate from a recognised university in one of the following specified streams:
- Only one application form is to be filled up.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention the priority in the Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in final exam are not eligible to apply.
- Technical Branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (c) & (d) can also be alloted Air Technical Specilisation/appointed as Air Technical Officer by IHQ MoD(Navy).
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) based on their performance in Degree Course. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidateswill be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Nov 14 to Feb 15.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission.
How to Apply
- Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ (Online) for this entry. The candidates are to apply online (e-application) from 16 Aug 14. The online application registration will cease on 06 Sep 14.
- For more details read the official notification linked below.