UES entry is the most coveted entry seeks after by the defence aspirants because of its multiple advantages that it offers to the person who gets selected through this entry. This entry allows you to apply in the pre final year and provides a golden chance to be the part of Indian defence forces. This entry allows you to enter any of the force of your choice. Navy and army approves candidates of pre final year through college rounds where the teams of the defence forces visits various selected campuses to select youth and send them directly to the SSB.
Each level the aspirant is judged on numerous parameters through various rounds but the most important parameter to judge is the psychology of the aspirant. The college team conducts GD/ PI depending on the number of applicants and apart from judging on the various parameters and basic etiquettes of these rounds the psychology of the candidate is judged. The following pointers can be helpful in preparation:
- Prepare for GD thoroughly and pick up the latest topics. Prepare them well. Also few topics that are related to social evils can also help aspirants as they are most sought after by the college team of forces.
- How to do well in GD can be looked in my previous article for the same. Also try not to dominate, just try to put forth your ideas and views on the topics and what suggestion you can offer for the improvement as a responsible youth for the country.
- Always quote examples that could be relate to the topics which always attract attention of the examiners and tells them that you prefer being in touch with the latest happenings and also reveals you capability to link up things.
- Follow the instructions given by the examiner as they can immediately stop discussion and ask to summarise or conclude from any individual so don’t feel left out be with the group so that even if you don’t get chance, you can show up your talent.
- PI has a simple funda that you have to reveal your personal qualities to the maximum and should never be fake at any step. Remember it’s better to say than to cook up false stories and get negative marks.
- Do take up mocks and prepare thoroughly before attempting any of the college rounds. Try to look for a person who can mentor you individually motivating you for the final stint of SSB. Working in large groups might not help gaining confidence in psychology rounds.
- SSB is not an easy game to play where hit and trial works. No, here you are judged rigorously at every point so don’t go there with a hope of trial and looking the world .always appear when you are satisfied with your preparation.