Greetings to the robust readers of SSBCrack. Given the frequency of written exams like AFCAT, CDS, NDA, CAPF, there is a nagging need of knowledge of the current happenings across the world. Thereby we present to you a very punctiliously crafted current affairs capsule which will come handy not only in the personal interview, but also in the written exams.
- Mark II Pinaka Rocket successfully test fired from Chandipur, Odisha. It is an unguided rocket system meant to neutralise large areas with rapid salvos. It has been undergoing tests since 1995 and has already been inducted in the Indian army.
- India wins the fourth cricket world cup for the visually challenged. The team was personally applauded by the prime minister.
- Indian government approves the ETA (electronic travel authorization) scheme to 43 countries. This e-visa scheme will act as a linchpin to boost the tourism in India.
- Free WiFi schemes starts at new Delhi railway station. This scheme is already in operation in Bengaluru and Chennai.
- Union cabinet approves the Anti Hijacking Bill 2014. This will now allow the courts to impute death penalties to the people found guilty of hijacking.
- 25th December will be celebrated as the A B Vajpayee National Good Governance Day. The emeritus leader of the BJP is the 11th Prime Minister of India, held the office from 1998-2004.
- The scientists of the Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore discover nine new species of bush frog in the western ghat. This recent discovery aggrandizes (increases) India’s biodiversity.
- Azim Premji, the founder of Wipro gets the Swiss Ambassador Award for inspirational and socially responsible leadership for 2014.
- Indian railways set up a committee to improve its financial health. The committee is headed by D.K Mittal.
- Richard Rahul Verma becomes the first Indian American to be appointed as the US ambassador to India.
- Prime minister, Narendra Modi wins the TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR award for 2014 in the reader’s category.
- The parliamentary standing committee tabled its report on 1974 Indo Bangladesh Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) in the parliament. The recent move has rekindled the hopes of resolving the long standing issue.
- Bhutan becomes the 181st member of Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA). The role of MIGA is to provide.