Indian Air Force Recruitment for Meteorology Branch Course January 2016 by www.careerairforce.nic.in. Applications are invited from Indian Citizens as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the following courses commencing in January 2016 for grant of Permanent / Short Service Commission in Meteorology Branch.
Indian Air Force Recruitment for Meteorology Branch Course
- No. 198/16G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for men candidate)
- No. 198/16G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for men candidate)
- No. 198/16G/SSC/W (Short Service Commission for women candidate)
- Receipt of application from 17 January 2015 to 14 February
- Last date for receipt of applications for the candidates who are sending their applications from Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Mizoram 2015. : 21 February 2015.
Meteorology Branch Eligibility Conditions
- Age : 20-26 Years as on 01 January 2016 i.e born in between 02 January 1990 to 01 January 1996. (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
Meteorology Branch Type of Commission
- Permanent Commission : Candidates joining as Permanent Commission (PC) Officers in Meteorology Branch would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
- Short Service Commission : The initial tenure for Short Service Commission O Meteorology be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, service requirements and availability of vacancies
Indian Air Force Meteorology Branch Selection Procedure
Candidates who are short-listed will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection
Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. The testing
would consist of two stages as given below.
- Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I Test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the Meteorology Branch. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II Testing consisting of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days)
Indian Air Force Meteorology Branch How to Apply
- Candidates are to complete the application as per format given in this advertisement, and forward the same to POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI – 110106 by ordinary post only
- Note: Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in Defence Services shall not be eligible to apply and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Superscribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR METEOROLOGY BRANCH COURSES COMMENCING IN JANUARY2016’Application must be accompanied with the following:
- One self addressed envelope (size – 23 X 10 cm) with Rs 27/- postage stamp.
- Two unattested recent colour photographs similar to the one pasted on the application form.
- Serving Air Warrior candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 39 / 2006 through service channel. Other government employees need to apply through proper channel and are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.