Established in 1963 to train officers for Emergency Commission in the Army, it now trains those between 22 and 25 years for the Short Service Commission. It is also the only Academy, among the country’s four Army training establishments, which commissions women to be officers. Photos: K.V. Srinivasan.
1. Martyrs Memorial Service at The Hut of Remembrance
2. Honour guard at The Hut of Remembrance.
3. Drill Instructors march with their pace sticks.
4. The main gates to Officers Training Academy.
5. Cadets on the Parameshwaran drill square as flights take off from the airport bordering the Academy.
6. Lt. Gen. Ravindra Pratap Sahi AVSM, Commandant OTA.
7. 72 at a time. Cadets shimmy up the vertical rope.
8. A leap of faith across a ditch.
9. Lady cadets perform dips.
10. The 1861 built White House which has been OTA’s headquarters since its inception.
11. The 200-year-old Adyar Officers’ Mess built in 1815.
12. In the classroom.
13. Gentleman cadets consult maps and the GPS before the navigational endurance exercise.
14. Lady cadets with their battle gear.
15. Cadets march at the Parameshwaran drill square.