TAT (Thematic Apperception Test) is the first test of psychology day and aims at accessing your views, ideas and correct usage of mind in any given situation. Candidates should follow some rules in order to attempt this test in a correct and expected way.
- Simple language – TAT is the test where the mind makes many ideas, and the basic way to express them in TAT is to use a simple language. This will ease the assessors to get what you want to convey and you to express your ideas clearly. You can use Hindi words also, if not getting any correct word in English.
- Don’t describe – Many times, freshers make this mistake by just describing the picture and resources. Sometimes, candidates start the story and turns towards its description. Well, the basic thing you have to do is to make a story over it. You have to squeeze out an idea out of the picture. And garnish it with your experience and active use of mind.
- The story should be normal – Try to make a normal story with the hero being a normal person like you. Your situation, planning and organising your resources should be in a normal way rather than complexity or entangling way.
- Check the picture deeply – Entire psychology is a matter of perception. And perception is based on the observation. Your observation can drive your story to a new level. Observe the picture and hammer your mind to break out new ideas.
- Enclose story in given time – Your matter of story should be coordinated with the time given. Average story can be written in 12-15 lines, which is sufficient and can be covered in a given time. So utilize the time for observing the picture and deciding the theme of the story. This will simplify your story writing.
- The character should be of your age and personality – Your hero/ protagonist should be of your age, physic and should resemble your nature. Don’t make any story where the lead character is either out of the world or different from your personality. Psychologist want a story over you, not any fairy tale or comic story. So if you are healthy, take actions like it. And if you are a thin guy, try to keep working in the story like that.
- Use resources and ease planning – Every picture/ story situation has some hidden resources either shown or to be assumed as per you situation and planning framed. For example, if your area of action is market, college or any other busy area, then people can be a resource. The only thing to remember is to know the correct way and timing to use those resources. Availability and use of resources is a matter of experience.
- The composition should be practical – The story that you write in TAT, should be practical. Don’t cast yourself as a superhero or don’t try to make the story destructive or heavily problematic. These shows negative side of your mentality. And be practical in the situations you frame. Being practical expresses your experience, way of handling the situation and highlights your OLQs.
Conclusion – TAT is all about your perception toward any giving situation framed on screen. SSB panel wants your response over that situation to access your past experience and use of mind in day to day life. Remember, make a story that resembles your behavior and nature, because psychology access your mind and this must resemble what you are doing in GTO and what you are speaking in an interview. So be what you are, keep your mind active and concentrate it to the test.
For best SSB Interview Preparation, get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” from Amazon.