Indian Air Force recruits its officer by qualifying exams. The exams that open the doors for the aspirants to joining the Indian Air Force as an officer are NDA, CDS and AFCAT. NDA gives an opportunity to the 10+2 passed aspirants to join Indian Armed Forces, while CDS gives chance to graduate candidates to opt Armed Forces as a career. AFCAT is the exam that is conducted by IAF for recruiting officers for various IAF branches. All aspirants, who want to see them in the sky blue uniform with an upright personality, have a chance to get into the organization by applying for the AFCAT 1 2017 Exam. An eligibility criteria has been framed for all candidates, which is as follows.
AFCAT 1 2017 Notification
Online applications are invited for the courses commencing in January 2018 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) / Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches.
INVITES ENTERPRISING & ADVENTUROUS INDIAN CITIZENS (MEN AND WOMEN) TO JOIN THE INDIAN AIR FORCE AS COMMISSIONED OFFICERS IN FLYING, GROUND DUTY (TECHNICAL) AND GROUND DUTY (NON-TECHNICAL) BRANCHES. REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN ON 03 DEC 2016 AND CLOSE ON 29 DEC 2016
- Opening Date of Forms – 3 December 2016
- Closing Date of Forms – 29 December 2016
- Exam Date – 26th February 2017
The candidates are called for permanent and short service commission. The eligibility criteria for the candidates is as follows.
Flying – It is for Short Service Commission for both male and female candidates.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates having B.Tech Degree along with minimum 60% marks in it.
- Age – The candidate must have his age in between 20-24 as on 1 January 2018
Ground Duty Tech – It is Permanent and Short Service for men and short service for women.
- Educational Qualification – Candidate must have 60% or more in 10+2 with Physics and Maths as regular subjects and must possess an engineering degree in mentioned streams.
- Age – The age of the candidate should be in between 20-26 years as on 1 January 2018
Ground Duty Non-tech – It is Permanent and Short Service for men and short service for women candidates.
- Educational Qualification – For Administration and Logistics, the educational qualification is any graduation degree with minimum 60%. For Accounts, candidate must possess B.Com degree with 60% marks. For Education branch, MBA/MCA or M.A./M.Sc degree in specific subjects with minimum 50% marks.
- Age – The age of the candidate should be in between 20-26 years as on 1 January, 2018
PABT test will be conducted only for flying branch. Those who have failed earlier in PABT, are not eligible for it again.
Steps to Apply
- Go to careerairforce.nic.in
- Click on Candidate Login on the left side of the web page
- Fill up your details in respective parts carefully
- Submit the form and take a print out of the form for future use.
Conclusion – The candidates, who find themselves fit into the eligibility criteria of the exam, should not waste the time and apply for it as fast as possible. The level of the exam is low as compared to CDS and NDA, but the competition is high. Prepare hard for the exam and give your best in it. The exam needs time management and precise answers for scoring more. Start preparation and ensure your selection in the exam.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Amazon. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: