The Indian Navy is the elite organization of the Indian Armed Forces that has been provided the responsibility to maintain the maritime peace and security and checking any threat in the waters of the Indian region. The force is the smallest of all the three services of the Armed Forces, i.e. Indian Air force and Indian Army. The Indian Navy provides significant opportunities to the young aspirants to joint he force and service the nation directly.
The opportunities are mostly limited to the candidates belonging to the technical field i.e. engineering. But the eligibility conditions are still different in the entries. In 2018, the aspirants will get these 7 ways or entries to join the Indian Navy as an officer.
- Age – 16 ½ – 19 ½ years
. NDA 1 2018 – Date of birth must fall between 02 June, 1999 and 01 June, 2002 (Both Dates Inclusive).
. NDA 2 2018 – Date of birth must fall between 02 January, 2000 and 01 January, 2003 (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – The aspirants must have passed or must be appearing in 12th standard or equivalent having studied Physics chemistry and Mathematics it.
- Important Dates
. NDA 1 2018 – Date of notification (Application Submission Period) – 10 January, 2018 to 05 February2018; Exam Date – 22 April, 2018
. NDA 2 2018 – Date of notification (Application Submission Period) – 06 June, 2018 to 02 July, 2018; Exam Date – 9 September, 2018
2) 10+2 B.Tech Entry (Direct Entry)
- Age – 17 – 19 ½ years
. 10+2 B.Tech Entry 1 2018 – Date of birth must fall between02 Jan, 1999 and 01 July, 2001 (Both Dates Inclusive).
. 10+2 B.Tech Entry 2 2018 – Date of birth must fall between 02 July, 1999 and 01 January 2002 (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with aggregate 70% or more marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and have scored at least 50% marks in English (Either in X or XII). The selection call up will be done on the basis of the JEE mains all India rank.
- Important Dates
. 10+2 B.Tech Entry 1 2018- The forms will be available online in November – December 2017.
. 10+2 B.Tech Entry 2 2018 – The forms will be available online in May- June 2018.
3) CDS 2018 (Men and Women)
- Age –19 – 24 years
. CDS 1 2018 – The date of birth of the candidate must fall between 2nd January, 1995 and 1st January, 2000 (Both Dates Inclusive).
. CDS 2 2018 – The Date of birth must fall between 2nd June, 1995 and 1st June, 2000 (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have an Engineering degree from recognized university.
- Important Dates
. CDS 1 2018 – Date of notification (Application Submission Period) – 08 November, 2017 to 04 December, 2017; Exam Date – 4 February, 2018
. CDS 2 2018 – Date of notification (Application Submission Period) – 08 August, 2018 to 03 November, 2018; Exam Date – 18 November, 2018
4) UES Navy 2018 (Direct Entry)
- Age – 18 – 24 years, i.e. 02 July 1995 and 01 July 1998 (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – The Candidates studying in 7th semester of engineering, who have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% up to fifth term, are graded by the team as per their performance during the Campus Interview.
- Important Dates – The notification will be released in July – August 2018
5) Pilot and Observer
- Age – 19 – 24 years
Notification 1 2018 – The candidates whose Date of Birth falls between 02 January 1995 and 01 January 2000 are eligible for the entry.
Notification 2 2018 – The candidates whose Date of Birth falls between 2nd July, 1995 and 1st July, 2000 (Both Dates Inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Candidates having Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 60% marks till 5th or 7th semester, are eligible for it along with the condition of having studied Mathematics and Physics in 12th
- Important Dates – Date of notification – March, 2018 and October 2018.
6) Other Direct Entries
- SSC (Executive) – General Service/Hydro Cadre, SSC –Tech (Engineering /Electrical), SSC –Submarine Tech (Engineering /Electrical) are released twice a year in the month of February and September.
- Direct entries for Short Service Commission for the post of IT (September), Naval Armament Inspector Cadre (April), ATC (April), Education (April), Logistics (November), and Naval Architects (November) are also released ones in a year.
- Direct entries for Permanent Commission for logistics (March), education (November) and Naval Armament Inspector Cadre (November) are also released ones in a year.
- Direct entries for Law, Sports and musician have rreleased in a year on the basis of the vacancies.
Conclusion – The Indian Navy mostly calls the candidates with a technical background. So it gives more opportunities to the B.Tech/ B.E. graduates in between the age group of 16 ½ to 24 years. The eligibility criteria is still different from the age point of view. So those who are aiming to join the Indian Navy in 2018 need to go through the above short points of the entries and then plan for their career option inn Indian Navy.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
Best CDS Book –> Let’s Crack CDS
Best NDA Book -> Let’s Crack NDA
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: