Current Affairs November 2018 questions and notes PDF For CDS 1 2019, CDS 2 2019, NDA 1 2019, NDA 2 2019, AFCAT 1 2019, AFCAT 2 2019 and SSB Interview 2018 – 2019. Download the current affairs questions with answers and current affairs ebook for November 2018 with around 1500 questions and detailed answers. Download the best current affairs books from ssbcrack shop. Current Affairs ebook PDF covering all the latest current affairs in November 2018 happened around India and the World. The Capsule includes Awards & Recognitions, Science & Technology, Sports related updates, Indian and International Affairs, and Environment related news. Current Affairs PDF will definitely help those who are preparing for competitive exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, UPSC, SSC, Railways, Postal, State level exams and all kinds of Bank exams (IBPS, SBI, RRB, RBI, Defence & Intelligence). Download Current Affairs November 2018 eBook
MAJOR NEWS AND EVENTS: NOVEMBER 2018
01 November 2018
- India defeated Windies by nine wickets in the fifth and final match of the One-day international (ODI) series in Thiruvananthapuram to clinch the five-match ODI series 3-1. By virtue of this win, Kohli became the first Indian captain to win six consecutive ODI series at home.
- Former India captain Rahul Dravid becomes the fifth Indian to be inducted into ICC Hall Of Fame.
- Jumping 23 places, India now ranks at number 77th in the ‘ease of doing business’ ranking by the World Bank. The country ranked at number 100th in the previous year. New Zealand tops the World Bank list, the United States at number eight, and China at 46th.
02 November 2018
- Indian passport ranks 66th in the Global Passport Power Rank 2018.
- The Ministry of Defence has decided to induct women as sailors in the Indian Navy.
03 November 2018
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated Signature Bridge over the Yamuna River. It is the first asymmetrical cable stayed bridge in India.
- Olympic bronze medalist and five-time World Champion, MC Mary Kom has been named as the brand ambassador of the 10th edition of the Women’s World Championship in New Delhi.
- China launches new high-orbit satellite to boost its BeiDou global satellite navigation system
04 November 2018
- Rio Olympics silver medalist and current world No 2 badminton player PV Sindhu will be the brand ambassador of the inaugural edition of Pro Volleyball League along with legendary American spiker David Lee. The inaugural season of the Pro Volleyball League will start in February 2019.
- Justice Ramesh Ranganathan was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court.
05 November 2018
- Third Ayurveda Day is celebrated today in India.
- INS Arihant, India’s first nuclear ballistic missile submarine, has completed its first “deterrence patrol”. With Arihant successfully completing its patrol, India now has a dependable nuclear triad. A nuclear triad means that the country now has the capability of firing nuclear weapons from land, air and sea.
- Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) have designed and booted up India’s first microprocessor, Shakti, which could be used in mobile computing and other devices.
- Ambati Rayudu has retired from the long-form of cricket, including the Ranji Trophy, to focus on limited-overs cricket. Ambati Rayudu is 33 years old. He will continue to play international and domestic matches of the shorter version. He played his first ODI (One Day International) match in 2013.
06 November 2018
- The ruling Congress-Janata Dal Secular (JDS) alliance in Karnataka has won two assembly seats and two Lok Sabha seats in bypolls. The BJP has won only one parliamentary seat, Shivamogga, vacated by former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that Faizabad district will henceforth be known as Ayodhya.
- India opener Rohit Sharma has surpassed Virat Kohli to become the highest run-scorer in T20 international cricket for India.
- Vice-Admiral M.P. Awati (retd.), who commanded a naval unit of the Eastern Fleet in the 1971 India-Pakistan war and whose actions led to the destruction of an enemy submarine, passed away at his hometown near Satara in Maharashtra.
07 November 2018
- The festival of lights, Diwali is celebrated today in India.
- National Cancer Awareness Day was observed on 7 November across the nation.
- Rohit Sharma sets record, becomes first cricketer in history to score 4 T20I hundreds
08 November 2018
- The Central and Andhra Pradesh governments and the World Bank have signed the loan agreement for a $172.20 million project to enhance agricultural productivity, profitability, and climate resilience of poor and marginalized farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
- Gaddam Dharmendra was appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Islamic Republic of Iran. Gaddam Dharmendra is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of 1990 batch.
09 November 2018
- China’s state news agency Xinhua introduced World’s first AI anchors who can report all day every day, from anywhere in the country. Teh agency had created a digital version of a regular Xinhua news anchor named Qiu Hao.
- The 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament started from today in West Indies.
- Indian economy will expand 7.4 percent in 2018, but the growth will slow down to 7.3 percent in the next fiscal. The economy grew 7.9 percent in the first half (January-June) of 2018, reflecting post demonetization base effect.
10 November 2018
- Harmanpreet Kaur smashed a 51-ball 103 in the opening match held in the West Indies to become the first Indian woman to score a Twenty20 International (T20I) century.
- India’s star Wrestler Bajrang Punia became the number one rank in the world in the 65kg category, with 96 points in the latest UWW list.
- Arunima Sinha was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland. She has been awarded for her inspirational achievements in mountaineering. She is 30 years old. In 2013, she became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest.
11 November 2018
- World leaders attend a ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris today as part of commemorations marking the 100th anniversary of the November 11, 1918 armistice, ending World War I.
- The day is observed on 11th November every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. He was a freedom fighter, scholar and the first Education Minister of independent India, who served from 15 August 1947 until 2 February 1958.
12 November 2018
- In the phase one of Chhattisgarh elections, 70 per cent voter turnout for the 18 constituencies.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate two major national highways and an inland waterways project in Varanasi today.
- Union Minister and senior BJP leader Ananth Kumar died in Bengaluru at the age of was 59. Ananth Kumar was suffering from lung cancer.
13 November 2018
- Marvel legend Stan Lee, who is the co-creator of iconic superheroes like Spider-Man and The Hulk died at the age of 95 years in Los Angeles.
- Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar has been given the additional charge of the ministry of parliamentary affairs and D V Sadananda Gowda that of the ministry of chemicals and fertilisers.
14 November 2018
- Children Day is celebrated today.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Singapore for a two-day visit during which he will attend the East Asia Summit.
- Asian Games gold medallist Hima Das appointed as the UNICEF Youth Ambassador.
15 November 2018
- Home Ministry said that around 18 lakh foreigners visited India on electronic visas this year. The highest number of visitors (2,92,143) were from the U.K., followed by the U.S. (2,21,339), China (1,27,022), France (1,07,185) and Germany (89,863). Over 17 lakh foreigners visited India on e-visa in 2017. $137,527,270 [Rs. 993 crore approx] has been received as e-visa fees this year.
- The Ministry of Finance issued a notification regarding the release of the Rs 75 coin to commemorate 75th anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose hoisting the Tricolour for the first time at Port Blair in Andaman Nicober Islands.
- UP cabinet approves renaming of Faizabad as Ayodhya, Allahabad as Prayagraj.
- ISRO successfully launch GSLV Mk III-D2 carrying GSAT-29 satellite.
16 November 2018
- Thirteen people were killed as cyclone Gaja made landfall in Tamil Nadu.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has finalised its new emblem for official use, five years after the state’s bifurcation in 2014.
- The International Energy Agency in its latest report ‘World Energy Outlook’ stated that India will overtake the U.S. to become the world’s second-biggest emitter of carbon dioxide from the power sector before 2030.
17 November 2018
- India’s Pankaj Advani won his third straight IBSF billiards crown in the 150-up format. Advani overcame Nay Thway Oo of Myanmar in the final.
- Australia’s John Hastings retires from International Cricket.
- Justice Mathur took oath as Allahabad HC Chief Justice.
18 November 2018
- The first trial run of indigenously developed Indian’s engineless train, the “Train 18” was successfully conducted on tracks at Moradabad-Rampur section of Northern Indian Railways.
- Sanjay Kumar Mishra appointed Director of Enforcement Directorate China builds an ‘artificial sun’ that reaches temperatures six times that of Sun.
19 November 2018
- Decorated war veteran Brigadier Kuldip Singh Chandpuri passed away in a private hospital in Mohali, Punjab. He was 78. Chandpuri, who was an Army Major during the 1971 India-Pakistan war, had held his post through the night in the famous battle of Longewala in Rajasthan with just 120 men against a full-fledged attack by advancing Pakistani Patton tanks.
- India’s first specialized hospital for elephants opens in Mathura.
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan presented lifetime Achievement Award in Delhi.
- India’s Lakshya Sen won a bronze medal in the BWF World junior badminton championship at Markham, Canada.
20 November 2018
- Nearly 72 per cent voting was recorded till 6 pm as polling came to a close in the second and final phase of Chhattisgarh assembly elections. A total of 1,079 candidates are contesting in the 72 constituencies of 19 districts in the State with an electorate of 1,54,00,596.
- Golfer Shubhankar becomes first Indian to win European Tour Rookie of the Year award
21 November 2018
- WhatsApp named Abhijit Bose as its India Head, the co-founder and chief executive of Indian mobile payments firm Ezetap.
- Dr Jitendra Singh releases book Radio Kashmir in Times of Peace & War written by Dr Rajesh Bhat.
- India has slipped two places to rank 53rd Position in Global Annual talent ranking released by renowned IMD Business School, Switzerland on 20 November 2018.
22 November 2018
- Instant messaging service WhatsApp announced the appointment of Abhijit Bose as its India head. Bose will join WhatsApp in early 2019. WhatsApp said Bose and his team will focus on helping businesses, both large and small, connect with their customers.
- World malaria report by World Health Organisation (WHO) states that, India is the only country to have achieved a substantial decrease in malaria cases in 2017 out of the 11 highest burden countries throughout the world.
23 November 2018
- Union Government has decided to commemorate 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak at national as well as international level
- Andhra Pradesh is building a world-class and India’s first ‘Justice City’ within its new capital Amaravati with the vision to provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem built on the latest technology for supporting the judicial system in the state.
24 November 2018
- M C Mary Kom defeated Ukraine’s Hanna Okhota in the final of the Women’s World Boxing Championships to clinch the gold medal in the 48kg category and her sixth world title at the K.D. Jadhav Indoor Stadium.
- Filmmaker Nandita Das will be honored with the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF) Award at the 12th Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) in Brisbane on the 29th of this month.
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ujjivan Financial Services Limited, launched personal loan facility for salaried professionals making it the first small finance bank in India to offer this.
25 November 2018
- India beat Australia by six wickets in the third and the final T20I match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) to draw series 1-1.
- Australia Women Cricket Team wins their fourth women’s World Twenty20 title after a eight-wicket victory over England in the final at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua and Barbuda.
26 November 2018
- After seven months of traveling through space, the NASA InSight mission has landed on Mars.
- President RN Kovind appointed election commissioner Sunil Arora as the next Chief Election Commissioner. He is slated to take over as CEC on December 2, a day after incumbent Om Prakash Rawat retires.
- Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018 started from today with opening ceremony in Bhubaneswar.
27 November 2018
- Sunil Arora will take charge new Chief Election Commissioner. He will replace outgoing Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) OP Rawat. A former bureaucrat, Arora was appointed as election commissioner.
- Manu Bhaker of Haryana won a double gold in junior sport pistol while Ravi Kumar and Rahi Sarnobat were crowned national champions in the men and women’s events respectively in Thiruvananthapuram.
28 November 2018
- Around 73 per cent votes were cast in the Mizoram assembly polls held for all the 40 assembly seats. 74.61 per cent voters exercised their franchise in the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections for 230 assembly seats.
- Cristiano Ronaldo became the first player to achieve 100 Champions League wins with 1-0 victory over Valencia.
29 November 2018
- ISRO’s PSLV-C43 successfully places HysIS and 30 other foreign satellites in respective orbits. The HysIS is an Earth observation satellite primarily to assist in a wide range of applications in agriculture, forestry, geological environments, coastal zones, among others. The 30 satellites are one each from Australia, Canada, Colombia, Finland, Malaysia, Netherlands and Spain, and 23 from the USA.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Arvind Saxena as the new Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission.
- G20 Summit 2018 begins in Argentina.
30 November 2018
- The farmers’ rally to parliament has been organised by the All India Kisan Sangharsh Coordination Committee.
- Former bureaucrat HC Gupta and five others have been found guilty by the Delhi High Court in a case related to alleged irregularities in the allocation of the coal blocks in West Bengal.