Indian army official website has published the JAG 23 notification on 16th Jan 2019. JAG 23 or Judge Advocate General 23 is a special entry for both male and female law graduates. All law graduates (both Male and Female), who want to join the Indian army judge advocate general branch can apply through this entry. There won’t be any written exam, if shortlisted, you will directly face the SSB Interview. The course will begin at Officers Training Academy, Chennai in October 2019.
JAG 23 Important Dates
|JAG 23 Notification Date||16 Jan 2019|
|JAG 23 Last Date||14 Feb 2019|
|JAG 23 Cut Off||55% marks in LLB graduation degree|
|JAG 23 SSB Interview Date||From May/June 2019|
|JAG 23 Merit List||Sep 2019|
Below we have mentioned a few details related to JAG 23 notification and you can read more on the official notification of JAG 23 soon once updated.
JAG 23 Eligibility
- Nationality – The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit – The candidate must be of the age between 21-27 years. 21 to 27 years as on 01 July 2019 (Born not earlier than 02 July 92 and not later than 01 July 98 both dates inclusive). The date mentioned in matriculation certificate will be considered as final. No other document will be accepted for age declaration and no further change request will be entertained.
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have scored 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10+2) and the candidate must be eligible for registration with Bar council of India/ State. Candidates having studied in the college/ university which are not recognized by the Bar council of India will not be accepted.
JAG 23 Vacancies: Men – 07 , Women- 07
Starting And Ending Dates Of Application Forms – ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 16th JANUARY 2019 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL CLOSE ON 14th FEBRUARY 2019 AT 1200 HRS
How To Apply for JAG 23
- Visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
- On the officers row, click on Apply/Login.
- There you will find registration. Click on it.
- Follow the instructions and fill up your basic details.
- After entering your details, the website will show you the list of entries available for you.
- Now submit the application after checking the entire application form again, save the application and take 2 printouts of the application for future use.
JAG 23 Medical Standards
- The candidate must be fit as per the physical standards mentioned in the guidelines available at joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The candidates, who will be recommended by the SSB, will be further sent for medical examination. Those who pass the exam will be accepted.
JAG 23 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of the JAG entry is as follows-
- The shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the academic performance will be done by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated Headquarter of MoD (Army). The list of shortlisted candidates will be put on joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The shortlisted candidates will be allotted SSB centers and date of reporting will be sent to them by e-mail or SMS.
- The candidates, who will report at the mentioned SSB center on mentioned date, will face stage 1 (Screening) and Stage 2 (psychology, GTO and personal interview).
- Those who pass the sage 1 will stay for stage 2 and those who fail in stage one will be set free on the same day.
- Candidates who will get the recommendation after stage 2 will undergo documentation and will be sent for medical examination.
- The candidates who will get their names in the final merit list, will be called for training in Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- The training will last for 49 weeks and the cadets will be granted commission in the rank of lieutenant after the completion of the training.
- As per the guidelines and rules, the candidates are neither allowed to marry during training, nor will they not be allowed to live with parents or guardians.
- Any candidate found married before or during the training will be discharged from the training.
- The government of India will manage all expenses of the training of the cadets. The cadets will be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Defense Management and Strategic Studies by the University of Madras after the end of the training.
IMPORTANT – Download eBooks for SSB Interview Preparations
- Thematic Apperception Test – TAT
- Lecturette Topics Part-1 eBook [100 Topics]
- Word Association Test – WAT
- Situation Reaction Test – SRT
- Officers Intelligence Test – OIR
- Current Affairs for All
Defence Exams and Interview Books:
- Let’s Crack SSB Interview
- Breaking The Code of SSB Psychological Tests
- Let’s Crack AFCAT – Air Force Common Admission Test
- Let’s Crack NDA Exam
- Let’s Crack CDS Exam