Candidates who want to join the Indian Navy as an officer can take this opportunity, Indian navy is going to open the online application for Pilot, Observer, Education, and Logistics on 16th March 2019, aspirants can find more details here. Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male & female candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (Pilot/Observer entry) & Education Branch and unmarried eligible male for Permanent Commission (PC) in Executive Branch (Logistics Cadre) of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2020 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfil condition of Nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India.
The age criteria & vacancies available & educational qualification are as under:
(i) Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course in any discipline from a AICTE recognised university / educational institute with at least 60% marks for the entries mentioned at Para 2 (b) & 2(c) and 55% for the entry mentioned at Para 2 (a), till 5th / 7th semester, in regular
/ integrated course respectively can apply for Branches / Entries indicated above. The candidates will, however be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) with minimum stipulated percentage before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
(ii) Candidates who have completed their degree on the date of filling the application can apply for Branches / Entries indicated at Para 2 (d) to 2 (e).
(iii) Call up for SSB. Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their academic performance.
(iv) Candidates applying for the Education entry must have scored minimum of 60% marks in class X and class XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class X or class XII.
(v) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
(vi) Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention their preferences in the application so as to be considered for other choices in case vacancies in entries of their first choice are filled.
(vii) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate Branch/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that Branch/Cadre.
(viii) Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre, subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for that Branch/Cadre only.
(ix) No equivalent stream of BE/ B.Tech other than that mentioned in para 2 (e) above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Tenure of Commission
(a) Short Service Commission Granted initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility and willingness of candidates. Officers joining under these schemes will not be eligible for grant of permanent commission.
(b) Permanent Commission. Candidates inducted under PC will continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
IMPORTANT – Download eBooks for SSB Interview Preparations
- Thematic Apperception Test – TAT
- Lecturette Topics Part-1 eBook [100 Topics]
- Word Association Test – WAT
- Situation Reaction Test – SRT
- Officers Intelligence Test – OIR
- Current Affairs for All
- Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from May 19 to Aug 19 at Bangalore for pilot & observer candidates and at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam/Kolkata for other branches/ entries. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests; consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will undergo medical examination (approx 3-5 days). Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination. Candidates of Observer entry are also required to undergo Aviation medical examination.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs, cleared PABT (for Pilot Entry) and declared medically fit will be appointed for training based on merit list and vacancies available.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lt. The training is tentatively scheduled to commence in end Dec 2019 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst under training.
- Pilot Entry: Pilot candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force/Naval Establishment. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
- Observer Entry: Observer candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval orientation course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala, Kerala. On completion of NOC the candidates will undergo SLT(X) Tech course followed by ab-initio training at Observer School. On successful completion of training at Observer School, the candidates will be awarded Observer wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
- Logistics/Education Entries: Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at the INA, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at Air Force Academy and at various Naval Training Establishments/Units/Ships.
How to Apply
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 16 Mar 19 to 05 Apr 19.
- Online (e-application):- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory and need to be filled.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original) (marksheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular & integrated course respectively for branches / entries indicated at above and marksheets of all semesters for entries indicated at Para 2(d) to 2(e), date of birth proof as per 10th or 12th, CGPA conversion formula for BE/B.Tech / Integrated Course and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original in JPG/FITT format for attaching the same while filling up the application. If any scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
- Print one copy of online application form. Candidates will carry application form and original certificates/documents while appearing for SSB interview.
View this post on Instagram
Indian Navy invites online applications from male & female candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (Pilot/Observer entry) & Education Branch and unmarried eligible male for Permanent Commission (PC) in Executive Branch (Logistics Cadre) of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2020 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala. #indiannavy ⚔️??❤️