The Indian Army is going to release the JAG 24 notification on 16th July 2019. Judge Advocate General (JAG 24) 2019-20 is a special entry scheme to recruit both men and women who completed their graduation in law (LLB). The Indian Army gives a wide range of opportunities to all the departments, be it for engineering, administration, accounts, teaching and also to the Law graduates. In this JAG special entry, there is no written examination. Candidates will be called up for the SSB interview directly, recommended candidates will get the joining instructions based on the JAG merit list to join the Officers Training Academy, Chennai as per the training schedule.
|JAG 24 Important Dates|
|JAG 24 Notification Date||16 Jul 2019|
|JAG 24 Last Date||14 Aug 2019|
|JAG 24 Cut Off||55% marks in LLB graduation degree|
|JAG 24 SSB Interview Date||From Nov 2019|
|JAG 24 Merit List||March 2020 (Expected)|
Below are the important points related to JAG 24 Notification. Go through the points before applying to the notification.
JAG 24 Eligibility Details:
- Nationality – The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit – The candidate must be of the age between 21-27 years as on 01 Jan 2020 (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 1993 and not later than 01 Jan 1999 both dates inclusive). The date mentioned in the matriculation certificate will be considered as final. No other document will be accepted for age declaration and no further request for the change will be entertained.
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have scored 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10+2) and the candidate must be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/ State. Candidates who have studied in the college/ university which is not recognized by the Bar Council of India will not be accepted.
JAG 24 Vacancies: Men – 05, Women- 03
Starting And Ending Dates Of Application Forms – ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 16th JULY 2019 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL CLOSE ON 14th AUGUST 2019 AT 1200 HRS
How To Apply for JAG 24:
- Visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- On the officers’ row, click on Apply/Login.
- There you will find registration. Click on it.
- Follow the instructions and fill up your basic details.
- After entering your details, the website will show you the list of entries available for you.
- Now submit the application after checking the entire application form again, save the application and take 2 printouts of the application for future use.
JAG 24 Medical Standards :
- The candidate must be fit as per the physical standards mentioned in the guidelines available at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The candidates, who will be recommended by the SSB, will be further sent for medical examination. Those who pass the exam will be accepted.
JAG 24 Selection Procedure :
The selection procedure of the JAG entry is as follows-
- The shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the academic performance will be done by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated Headquarter of MoD (Army). The list of shortlisted candidates will be put on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The shortlisted candidates will be allotted SSB centers and the date of reporting will be sent to them by e-mail or SMS.
- The candidates, who will report at the mentioned SSB center on the mentioned date, will face stage 1 (Screening) and Stage 2 (psychology, GTO and personal interview).
- Those who pass stage 1 will stay for stage 2 and those who fail in stage one will be set free on the same day.
- Candidates who will get the recommendation after stage 2 will undergo documentation and will be sent for medical examination.
- The candidates who will get their names in the final merit list will be called for training in Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- The training will last for 49 weeks and the cadets will be granted commission in the rank of lieutenant after the completion of the training.
- As per the guidelines and rules, the candidates are neither allowed to marry during training nor will they not be allowed to live with parents or guardians.
- Any candidate found married before or during the training will be discharged from the training.
- The government of India will manage all expenses of the training of the cadets. The cadets will be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Defense Management and Strategic Studies by the University of Madras after the end of the training.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 16 JUL 2019 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL CLOSE ON 14 AUG 2019 HRS AT 1200 HRS.
IMPORTANT – Download eBooks for SSB Interview Preparations