The Indian Army released NCC 47 Special Entry Scheme Notification on 10 July 2019 to select NCC Cadets as Officers in the Indian Army. Candidates who completed their ‘C’ Certificate Course with ‘A’ and ‘B’ Grades in the Certificate Exam of NCC are eligible to apply this notification. The applied candidates will be sent to SSB Interview without any written examination. Generally to join as Officers’ candidates will be writing CDS examination conducted by UPSC every year. But the candidates who have NCC ‘C’ Certificate they have a great opportunity to attend the SSB Interview without any competition. Compared to NDA, AFCAT, and CDS examination candidates attending the SSB Interview through NCC Special Entry Scheme will be less. SSBCrack always strives to be a guide for the defence aspirants who would like to serve the country.
NCC 47 SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME NOTIFICATION: Applications are invited from UNMARRIED male and female (including Wards of Battle Causalities of Army Personnel), for grant of Short Service Commission (Non-Technical) in the Indian Army. Online applications will be accepted from 10 July 2019 to 08 Aug 2019. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
NCC 47 SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME IMPORTANT DATES: Look into below table for important dates of the NCC special entry scheme notification. It consists of application start and end dates, SSB interview dates, etc.
|NCC 47 Special Entry Important Dates|
|NCC SPL 47 Notification Date||10-Jul-19|
|NCC SPL 47 Last Date||08-Aug-19|
|NCC SPL 47 Cut Off||50 % aggregate marks in graduation or till final year.|
|NCC SPL 47 SSB Interview Date||From Dec/Jan 2019-20|
|NCC SPL 47 Merit List||Mar/Apr-2020 (Tentative)|
NCC 47th COURSE AGE LIMITS: For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jan 2020 (born not earlier than 02 Jan 1995 and not later than 01 Jan 2001, both dates inclusive). Date of birth acceptable is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
NCC 47th COURSE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Graduate with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in the interview, failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED.
The candidate should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC and should have obtained a minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
NCC 47th COURSE VACANCIES: Here are the approximate vacancies will be released by the Indian Army for NCC special entry scheme.
- NCC MEN: 50 ( 45 for general category and 05 for Wards of battle causalities of armed forces personnel only.)
- NCC Women: 05 ( 04 for general category and 01 for Wards of battle causalities of armed forces personnel only.)
NCC 47th COURSE SELECTION PROCEDURE: Candidates should keep in mind that they will appear the SSB Interview directly and they is no written examination for this type of recruitment.
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
- Merit List
SSB INTERVIEW DETAILS: It is a two-stage selection process.
- Stage 1 consists of officer intelligence rating, picture perception, and description test.
- Stage 2 involves interview, group testing officer task, psychology test, and conference
Medical Examination Details: Check this video for full clarity on Medical Examination conducted by SSB Board.
MERIT LIST: IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT MERE QUALIFYING AT THE SSB INTERVIEW DOES NOT CONFIRM FINAL SELECTION. MERIT LIST WILL BE PREPARED ON THE BASIS OF THE MARKS OBTAINED BY THE CANDIDATE AT SSB INTERVIEW. HIGHER EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, PREVIOUS PERFORMANCES, ETC HAVE NO ROLE TO PLAY. THOSE IN THE MERIT LIST AND WHO COME WITHIN THE STIPULATED VACANCIES AND ARE MEDICALLY FIT WILL BE ISSUED JOINING LETTERS FOR PRECOMMISSIONING TRAINING AT OTA, CHENNAI.
Training: Duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
(a) Selected candidates will be detailed for training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
(b) All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by the University of Madras.
Entitlement for Travelling Allowance:
Candidates appearing for SSB interviews for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled to AC 3-Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation-Cum-Sleeper Charges within the Indian Limits. Candidates who appear again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowances on any subsequent occasion. For any query/clarification regarding admissibility or payment of the travelling allowance, the candidates may directly approach the concerned Selection Centres
NCC 47th COURSE APPLY PROCEDURE: Applications will be accepted online only on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in No offline applications will be accepted.
- Open the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on Officers Entry ‘Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Follow instructions for registration. Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully.
- After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process the application. A page ‘Officers Selection-Eligibility’ will open.
- Your registration details will confirm your eligibility to apply. Click on ‘Apply’ and a page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions. Read onscreen instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details under various segments personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you proceed to the next segment.
- After filling details of the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of Information’ wherein you can check & edit entries you have made so far. Only after ascertaining’ the correctness of all your details click on ‘Submit’.
- After submitting click on ‘PDF’ and take out ‘two copies’ of the application form having the Roll Number and other details generated by the system.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference.
NOTE: There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting.
Download Official Notification:
RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR SSB INTERVIEW: The below-mentioned books will help you out to as a guide and get a clear idea on how the SSB interview is conducted and what are the stages clear the SSB interview.