As the AFCAT 2020 exam is approaching near, now is the right time to prepare for the AFCAT exam and crack it in the first attempt. Current affairs section can be tricky for aspirants who are not in touch with the current news and events on the daily basis, no worries, SSBCrackExams has helped many IAF aspirants in AFCAT exam preparation since long, our AFCAT courses and its content is tailored only for IAF aspirants who are appearing for the AFCAT online exam. In this article, you can download the 500 current affairs questions and answers PDF that will help you to clear the AFCAT online exam 2020. Also join the AFCAT online course for free lectures on AFCAT Maths, GK, English, Reasoning and Military Aptitude.
500 Current Affairs Questions For AFCAT 1 2020
1.—— promotes 2019 as year of investment in backdrop of wider business with India?
D. Saudi Arabia
Answer: A. Uzbekistan- Uzbekistan promotes 2019 as year of investment in backdrop of wider business with India.
2. Which is the full form of NSAB?
A. National Security Advisory Board
B. National Seasonal Advisory Board
C. National Safety Admin Board
D. National Secure Advisory Board
Answer: A. National Security Advisory Board -National Security Advisory Board is the full form of NSAB.
3. Centre brings booklet on cyber safety for school children titled ———— ?
A. The God of small things
B. The Guide
C. The White Tiger
D. A Handbook for Students on cyber Safety”
Answer: D. A Handbook for Students on cyber Safety” – Centre brings booklet on cyber safety for school children titled as A Handbook for Students on cyber Safety.
5. Who has become the highest wicket-taker in international cricket in 2018?
A. Shannon Gabriel
B. Lockie Ferguson
C. Jasprit Bumrah
D. Kagiso Rabada
Answer: C. Jasprit Bumrah –India fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah has become the highest wicket-taker in international cricket in 2018 after picking up 9 wickets in the Melbourne Test against Australia.
6. Which state Police becomes first police force in India to digitise all malkhanas?
A. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D. Delhi –With the launch of ‘E-Malkhana’ in the remaining 10 districts at Chinamaya Mission, the Delhi Police has become first in country to have digitalised malkhana in Police Stations of its all districts.
7. How much amount has been funded by Sports Ministry for athletes under the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) for their preparations for 2020 Olympics?
A. Rs 200 crore
B. Rs 100 crore
C. Rs 150 crore
D. Rs 250 crore
Answer: B. Rs 100 crore – The Sports Ministry has earmarked Rs 100 crore for the funding of athletes under the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) for their preparations for 2020 Olympics, according to Sports Authority of India Director General Neelam Kapur.
8. Archie Schiller, the seven-year-old who was named as the co-captain of the _________ team.
B. New Zealand
Answer: C. Australia – Cricket Australia named seven-year-old leg-spinner Archie Schiller as the new team co-captain alongside regular skipper Tim Paine for the Boxing Day Test against India at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
9. First test communication satellite of Hongyan constellation and six Yunhai-2 atmospheric environment research satellites were launched by ———- in its 297th Long March-2D rocket mission ?
C. Saudi Arabia
Answer: A. China – First test communication satellite of Hongyan constellation and six Yunhai-2 atmospheric environment research satellites were launched by China in its 297th Long March-2D rocket mission.
10. Who is concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Somalia?
A. Rahul Chhabra
B. Suresh Krishnan
C. Naresh Iyer
D. Vivek Kumaran
Answer: A. Rahul Chhabra – Rahul Chhabra is concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Federal Republic of Somalia.
11. As per a report by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Banks recovered bad loans worth ₹__________ crore in 2017-18.
Answer: A. 40,400 – Banks recovered bad loans worth ₹40,400 crore in 2017-18, as per a report by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The loans were recovered through channels like the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), SARFAESI Act, Debt Recovery Tribunals and Lok Adalats.
12. Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed Ross Island in Andaman and Nicobar as ________.
A. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Island
B. Shaheed Dweep
C. Swaraj Dweep
D. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Island
Answer: D. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Island – The Ross Island was renamed as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, the Neil Island as Shaheed Dweep and the Havelock Island as Swaraj Dweep.
13. On December 30, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced renaming of three islands of Andaman and Nicobar archipelago as a tribute to ______________.
A. Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi
B. Bhagat Singh
C. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
D. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
Answer: C. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose – On December 30, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced renaming of three islands of Andaman and Nicobar archipelago as a tribute to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
14. Who is concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Liberia?
A. Y.K. Sailas Thangal
B. Henry Serrano Villard
C. Edwin Allan Lightner
D. David D. Newsom
Answer: A. Y.K. Sailas Thangal – Y.K. Sailas Thangal is concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Liberia.
15. How many Ashok Chakra recipients are honoured by Keonjhar Police with postage stamps?
Answer: A. 10 – There are 10 Ashok Chakra recipients are honoured by Keonjhar Police with postage stamps.
16. Which entity released guidelines on restructuring of advances to the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)?
C. NITI Aayog
D. Ministry of MSME
Answer: A. RBI– The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 1, 2019 released guidelines on restructuring of advances to the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). The central bank allowed a one-time restructuring of existing debt of up to 25 crore rupees for the MSMEs which have defaulted on payment, however, the loans given to them continue to be classified as standard assets.
17. Who was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner recently?
A. Vanaja N. Sarna
B. Sudhir Bhargava
C. Neeraj Kumar Gupta
D. Suresh Chandra
Answer: B. Sudhir Bhargava- Sudhir Bhargava was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC), along with four new information commissioners in the central information commission.
18. Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed three islands of Andaman and Nicobar after which freedom fighter?
A. Shaheed Bhagat Singh
B. Lala Lajpat Rai
C. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
D. Chandrashekhar Azad
Answer: C. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose- Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed three islands of Andaman and Nicobar after Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on December 30, 2018. These three islands are – Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island.
19. Which city will host the Indian Science Congress (ISC) 2019?
Answer: D. Jalandhar- The Indian Science Congress (ISC) 2019 is going to be held from January 3 – 4, 2019 in Jalandhar, Punjab. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 106th edition of ISC-2019, based on the theme ‘Future India: Science and Technology’.
20. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 6th IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) in which city?
Answer: A. Varanasi- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the 6th IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (IRRI SARC) at the campus of National Seed Research and Training Center (NSRTC) in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. The first international Center in the eastern India is expected to play a major role in harnessing and sustaining rice production in the region.
21. Who was sworn in as first Chief Justice of Telangana HC?
A. Justice T B N Radhakrishnan
B. Justice Praveen Kumar
C. Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale
D. Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta
Answer: A. Justice T B N Radhakrishnan- Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan was on January 1, 2018 sworn in as the first Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court. Prior to this, Justice Radhakrishnan had been serving as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
22. Who was sworn in as the first acting Chief Justice of the independent Andhra Pradesh Court post bifurcation of the state?
A. Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale
B. Justice Praveen Kumar
C. Justice T B N Radhakrishnan
D. Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta
Answer: B. Justice Praveen Kumar- Justice Praveen Kumar was on January 1, 2018 sworn in as the new acting Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court. The oath of the office was administered by the state’s Governor ESL Narasimhan.
23. Who was named ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year?
A. Smriti Mandhana
B. Poonam Yadav
C. Mithali Raj
D. Harmanpreet Kaur
Answer: A. Smriti Mandhana- Smriti Mandhana has been named as Best player of the year, ODI Player of the Year and included in ICC Women’s Team of the Year 2018. The cricketer had played a crucial role in India’s semi-final appearance at the ICC Women’s World T20 in the West Indies.
24. Which two nations formally withdrew from UNESCO with the close of the year 2018?
A. US, Palestine
B. Iran, Israel
C. Israel, US
D. North Korea, Russia
Answer: C. Israel, US– The United States and its ally Israel officially withdrew from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) with the close of the year 2018. The two nations had announced their intention to quit the international organisation in October 2017, accusing it of anti-Israel bias.
25. Which space agency has launched a new platform to engage students in space science activities?
Answer: D. ISRO- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched a new platform called ‘Samwad with Students’ on January 1, 2018 in Bengaluru, as part of its enhanced outreach programme. Through the ‘Samwad with Students’, ISRO aims to constantly engage youngsters across India in activities concerning space science to capture their scientific temperament.
26. The Cabinet recently approved the merger of Bank of Baroda with which two banks?
A. Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank
B. Vijaya Bank and RBL Bank
C. RBL Bank and IDBI Bank
D. IDBI Bank and Dena Bank
Answer: A. Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on January 2, 2019 approved the ‘Scheme of Amalgamation’ for merger of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank. The amalgamation will be the first-ever three-way consolidation of banks in India. The merger of Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank was proposed by the Union Finance Ministry on September 17, 2018.
27. Which nation assumed the charge as Non-Permanent Members of UN Security Council on January 1, 2019?
D. South Africa
Answer: D. South Africa- Five nations, namely, Belgium, Dominican Republic, Germany, Indonesia and South Africa on January 2, 2019 assumed the charge as the Non-Permanent Members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
28. Cabinet recently approved restructuring of National Health Agency as National Health Authority for better implementation of which scheme?
A. National Health Mission
B. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
C. Rashtiya Swasthiya Bima Yojana
D. Janashree Bima Yojana
Answer: B. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana- The Union Cabinet on January 2, 2019 approved the restructuring of existing National Health Agency as “National Health Authority” for better implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
29. The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) recently hit which mark in January 2019?
A. 2 crore mark
B. 4 crore mark
C. 6 crore mark
D. 8 crore mark
Answer: C. 6 crore mark- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu handed over 6 croreth LPG connection under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to Jasmina Khatoon from Shivpark, Khanpur, Delhi. The Government launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana to provide 8 Crore deposit-free LPG connections to women belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families with a budgetary allocation of Rs. 12800 crore.
30. The India Pharma 2019 & India Medical Device 2019 conferences will be held in which city in February 2019?
A. New Delhi
Answer: B. Bengaluru- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) will be organising the 4th International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector on February 18, 2019 in Bengaluru. The theme for India Pharma 2019 is ‘Enabling Quality Affordable Healthcare’ and that of India Medical Device 2019 is ‘Med-Tech India: Gearing up for Ayushman Bharat’.