Indian Army has published the notification of Remount Veterinary Corps 2020. This is a special entry for the male candidates with graduation in Bachelor of Veterinary Science [BVSc] & A.H. Below you can find more details related to the RVC entry of the Indian Army.
The Remount and Veterinary Corps is an administrative and operational branch of the Indian Army, and one of its oldest formations. It is responsible for breeding, rearing and training of all animals used in the army.
Applications are invited from qualified male veterinary graduates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Remount Veterinary Corps of Indian Army as per the terms and conditions described below:
- Age Limit: 21-32 years as on the last date of submission of application i.e 10 Dec 2020. BVSc/BVSc & AH degree graduates, granted SSC in RVC will be considered for grant of permanent commission, only if they are below 30 years of age on the date of grant of SSC and if they qualify in the departmental permanent commission (PC) Test as per extant rules and policies. Likewise, MVSc and Doctorate degree holders will be considered for grant of permanent commission with age relaxation as per extant rules commensurate to the ante date seniority granted to them.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: BVSc/BVSc & AH degree from any of the recognized Indian university or its equivalent foreign degree (i.e. the candidate must possess recognized veterinary qualification included in the first or second schedule of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984).
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
NOTE: CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE PASSED THE QUALIFYING EXAMINATION WITH INTERNSHIP AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION. CANDIDATES WHO ARE NOT IN POSSESSION OF MARK SHEETS OF ALL YEARS/PART/SEMESTERS (INCLUDING FINAL/PART/ SEMESTER) OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATION AND INTERNSHIP COMPLETION CERTIFICATE NEED NOT APPLY.
METHOD OF SELECTION
- Shortlisting of applications: Initial screening and shortlisting of applications will be done at Directorate General Remount Veterinary Services, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) before forwarding them to Dte Gen Recruiting of IHQ of MoD (Army). Common reasons for rejection of applications during screening are given at para 7 below.
- SSB Interview: Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear for the Service Selection Board on a specified date. Detailed instructions alongwith date and place of SSB will be intimated directly by Dte Gen Recruiting, IHQ of MoD(Army).
- Merit list: Merit list of the candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be prepared. It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate at SSBs only and as such higher educational qualifications, previous achievements have no role to play.
TRAINING, TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICE
- Grant of Commission: Candidate will be commissioned in the rank of Captain.
- Training: Selected candidates will be detailed on Post commission training at RVC Centre & College, Meerut Cantt.
- Ante-date seniority: 12 months/24 months ante-date seniority will be granted to candidates holding post graduate/doctorate degree respectively in any discipline of veterinary science from a recognized university, recognized by VCI in India/abroad, prior to their commissioning in the Remount Veterinary Corps. The candidates must hold MVSc/PhD degree (Valid PDC/Degree certificate) on the date of commissioning for availing ante date seniority.
- Suitability for retention of Commission: If an officer is found unsuitable within one year of the grant of commission, his commission may be terminated at any time before the contractual period of service for five years.
- Promotion: Promotion up to the rank of Major while in SSC and thereafter, if granted PC, upto Colonel (TS) is time bound.
- Tenure of engagement: All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfillment of other conditions. The period of five years may further be extended by another five years subject to their performance.
- Pay, allowances and other benefits: Officers, on commissioning in the rank of Captain are entitled to pay matrix of level 10(B) Rs. 61,300/-, Military Service Pay of Rs. 15,500/-, Non-Practice Allowance (NPA) @20% of basic pay, in addition to Kit Maintenance Allowance (KMA) and Dearness Allowance (DA) as admissible, at rates applicable from time to time. Additional benefits like concessional accommodation, free ration/ration money for self only, free medical facilities for self and family, LTC, 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave, canteen facilities and group insurance cover are also admissible.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Application on plain paper (21 cm x 36 cm) duly typed as per the format given in the advertisement.
- The envelope containing application should be “Superscribed in Red Ink” indicating clearly “Application for Short Service Commission in RVC”.
- Application should be posted by ordinary, registered or speed post to reach at the following address:- Directorate General Remount Veterinary Services (RV-1) QMG’s Branch, Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army) West Block 3, Ground Floor, Wing No-4 RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: The applications must be receipted in the office of DGRVS (RV-1) by 10 Dec 2020 (5PM). Applications received thereafter will not be considered.
Queries, if any may be submitted to Dte Gen RVS, IHQ of MoD (Army), West Block-3, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066 OR through E-mail ID: email@example.com